January 7, 1953
The Brave and the Bold (vol. 2)
(m. 1980; died 2012)
Wiacek has inked over such pencilers as Carmine Infantino on Star Wars, Paul Smith and John Romita Jr. on The Uncanny X-Men, June Brigman on Power Pack, John Byrne on Alpha Flight and Sensational She-Hulk, Walter Simonson on X-Factor and Orion, and George Pérez on Brave and the Bold, volume 2. He has also worked with creators such as Bob Budiansky, Colleen Doran, Ron Garney, Mike Grell, Michael Netzer (Nasser), Kevin Nowlan, Don Perlin, Bill Sienkiewicz, Todd McFarlane, and Barry Windsor-Smith.
Wiacek got his start in the mid-1970s as a member of the "Crusty Bunkers" inking collective. For a short time in 1975–1976 he inked backgrounds (over Curt Swan's pencils) on Superman for DC Comics. He moved on to regular inking work for DC, and then in 1978 began a long association with Marvel which lasted until 1993.
Wiacek's first regular title was on Man-Thing issues #1-11, from 1979 to 1981, where he inked over Jim Mooney's pencils and then provided finished art based on Don Perlin's breakdowns. During this same period, Wiacek was the regular inker on Marvel's Star Wars comic, issues #16-37, working with Carmine Infantino.
In 1981, Wiacek moved on to be the regular inker on Uncanny X-Men, primarily inking Paul Smith in issues #159–176. Wiacek's next regular stint was John Byrne's inker on Alpha Flight, issues #15-29 in 1984–1985. Overlapping with that job was Wiacek's work as inker for June Brigman on Power Pack issues #1-26.
In the years 1986–1989, Wiacek was the primary inker on X-Factor, issues #10-37, working with Walt Simonson. Wiacek then moved on to Sensational She-Hulk #1-11, reuniting with John Byrne for much of that period.
- Superman #293-301 (DC, 1975) — background inks only
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes #220–225 (DC, 1976–1977)
- Ghost Rider #36–46 (Marvel, 1978–1980) — covers only
- Man-Thing #1-11 (Marvel, 1979–1981)
- Star Wars #16-37 (Marvel, 1979–1981)
- Uncanny X-Men #150, 159-176 (Marvel, 1981–1983)
- Coyote #4-9 (Marvel, 1984)
- Alpha Flight #15-29 (Marvel, 1984–1985)
- Power Pack #1-26 (Marvel, 1984–1986)
- X-Factor #10-37 (Marvel, 1986–1989)
- Strange Tales #6–16 (Marvel, 1987–1988)
- The Incredible Hulk #340 (Marvel, 1988) — cover only
- Sensational She-Hulk #1-11 (Marvel, 1989–1990)
- Iron Man #258–283 (Marvel, 1990–1992)
- Archer & Armstrong #3-10 (Valiant, 1992–1993)
- Excalibur #94-103 (Marvel, 1996)
- Silver Surfer #123-131 (Marvel, 1996–1997)
- Orion #8-22 (DC, 2001–2002)
- The Brave and the Bold vol. 2, #1-9 (DC, 2007–2008)
- Comics Buyer's Guide #1650; February 2009; Page 107
- Biography on the Comic Book Database. Retrieved August 26, 2008.
- Miller, John Jackson (June 10, 2005). "Comics Industry Birthdays". Comics Buyer's Guide. Archived from the original on October 30, 2010.
- Wiacek's LinkedIn profile
- Shooter, Jim. "Bullpen Bulletins," Marvel comics cover-dated August 1982.
- "Ann K. Wiacek: MARCH 21, 1953 – APRIL 25, 2012," Dignity Memorial website. Accessed Dec. 31, 2020.