|Directed by||John G. Adolfi|
|Produced by||William Russell|
|Written by||Jules Furthman|
|Starring||William Russell |
William Russell Productions
|Distributed by||Henry Ginsberg Distributing Company |
Wardour Films (UK)
Big Pal is a 1925 American silent sports drama film directed by John G. Adolfi and starring William Russell, Julanne Johnston and Mary Carr. A newly restored copy exists at the Library of Congress. It was released in Britain in 1926, distributed by Wardour Films.
A judge's daughter spurns his wealthy lifestyle and goes to do social work in poorer neighborhoods. There she meets a boxer contending for a championship.
- William Russell as Dan Williams
- Julanne Johnston as Helen Truscott
- Mary Carr as Mary Williams
- Mickey Bennett as Johnny Williams
- Hayden Stevenson as Tim Williams
- Henry A. Barrows as Judge Truscott
- Frank Hagney as Bill Hogan
- Alison Skipworth as Agatha Briggs, truant officer (*uncredited)
- Munden, Kenneth White. 'he American Film Institute Catalog of Motion Pictures Produced in the United States, Part 1. University of California Press, 1997.