History and profile
Founded in 1898 by Leopold Ullstein, the paper was taken over by Axel Springer AG in 1959. It was sold to Funke Mediengruppe in 2013. The paper had a circulation of 145,556 issues in 2009, with an estimated 322,000 readers The current editor-in-chief is Carsten Erdmann.
It was awarded the European Newspaper of the Year in the category of regional newspaper by the European Newspapers Congress in 2012.
- Schultz, Stefan; Steinmetz, Vanessa; Teevs, Christian (26 July 2013). "Sell-Off: Newspaper Giant Turns Back on Journalism". Spiegel Online. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- Media analysis on the paper's page at the Axel Springer AG website.
- Berliner Morgenpost Archived 24 November 2005 at the Wayback Machine at axelspringer.de
- "European Newspaper Award 12+1". European Newspaper Congress. Archived from the original on 10 August 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- Official website (in German)