|• Mayor||Bart Craane (CDE-Vlim)|
|• Governing party/ies||CDE-Vlim, BEERSEplus|
|• Total||37.48 km2 (14.47 sq mi)|
|• Density||480/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Area codes||014, 03|
Beerse (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈbeːrsə]) is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Antwerp. The municipality comprises the towns of Beerse proper and Vlimmeren. On 1 January 2006 Beerse had a total population of 16,482. By the end of 2007, this number had risen to 16,757. The total area is 37.48 km2 (14.5 sq mi) which gives a population density of 447 inhabitants per km2 (1239/sq mi). The pharmaceutical company Janssen Pharmaceutica, founded by Dr. Paul Janssen, has its headquarters in Beerse.
Several companies are located in Beerse, of which the most important are:
- Janssen Pharmaceutica (pharmaceuticals)
- Metallo-Chimique (metallurgy)
- Wienerberger Beerse (bricks)
- Glacio (ice cream)
- Aurora productions (paper and plastics)
- "Wettelijke Bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2018". Statbel. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Official website (in Dutch) – Statistics