|Been So Long|
|Directed by||Tinge Krishnan|
|Screenplay by||Ché Walker|
|Based on||Been So Long|
by Arthur Darvill and Ché Walker
|Edited by||Peter Christelis|
Additional lyricist include Fabian Spencer
|26 October 2018|
It is based on a musical premiered at the Young Vic on July 11, 2009, which was itself based on the 1998 play of the same name.
The film was released on 26 October 2018 by Netflix.
Simone, a single mother, meets and falls in love with a handsome stranger named Raymond while out for a rare night on the town with her friends. The questions the film poses are: Can Simone loosen her heart to let someone get close to her? and does Raymond, who is on parole from prison, deserve her trust? There are storylines about Simone's disabled daughter; her daughter's estranged father, and Simone's relationship with her best friend. In the background, Raymond is being stalked by a wild knife wielding young man. It is set in Camden Town, London, with scenes in Camden Market, Regent's Canal, and Primrose Hill.
- Michaela Coel as Simone
- Arinzé Kene as Raymond
- George MacKay as Gil
- Joe Dempsie as Kestrel
- Luke Norris as Barney
- Arsher Ali as Jake
- Rakie Ayola as Martina
- Ronkẹ Adékoluẹjo as Yvonne
- Ashley Thomas as Wendell
- Sophia La Porta as Willesden
- Tom Forbes as Conrad
- Mark Wingett as Bailiff
- Genevieve Barr as Artemis
In May 2017, it was announced that principal production of the film had concluded in London, UK. In September 2017, Netflix bought worldwide rights to the film, in what was a "multi-million dollar deal", believed to be Netflix's largest single acquisition of a U.K. film in its history at the time.
|Been So Long: Official Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by |
Christopher Nicholas Bangs
|Released||October 26, 2018|
|Label||Virgin EMI Records|
The musical score for Been So Long was composed by Christopher Nicholas Bangs, and features music from the film’s stars.
|2.||"What U Sayin"||2:05|
|3.||"I Want A Fella"||Ronke Adekoluejo||2:53|
|4.||"Primus Humanus (Man Of Steel)"||Arinze Kene||1:24|
|6.||"Raymond Receives Texts"||Christopher Nicholas Bangs||2:05|
|7.||"Park Bench"||Christopher Nicholas Bangs||1:22|
|8.||"Thunder And Gold"||3:28|
|10.||"Who Is It Against The Whole World?"||Christopher Nicholas Bangs||1:50|
|11.||"Closing Time"||Luke Norris||2:07|
On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 100%, based on 11 reviews, with an average rating of 6.88/10. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 74 out of 100, based on 5 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- Mitchell, Robert (7 May 2017). "Cannes: First Look at British Musical 'Been So Long' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety.com. Retrieved 26 September 2018.
- "Netflix Strikes Biggest UK deal on Michaela Coel musical Been So Long (exclusive)". Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "Netflix Buys Rights To New Musical Movie Starring Chewing Gum's Michaela Coel". The FADER. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- Soundtrack Album for Netflix’s ‘Been So Long’ Released
- Everything Coming to Netflix in October 2018
- Been So Long (2018), retrieved 2019-03-03
- Been So Long, retrieved 2019-03-03