This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017)
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Labels||Blocks Recording Club, Meccico|
|Associated acts||The Capes, Pyramid Culture, The Blankket, Republic of Safety, Ninja High School, Lenin i Shumov, Jon-Rae and the River, The Hidden Cameras|
|Past members||Kat Gligorijevic, Ben Stimpson, Steven Kado, Maggie MacDonald, Vanessa Fischer|
Barcelona Pavilion was an indie pop band from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. They are known for their lively dance-friendly music. They released three albums in the time the band was active, and their song ‘Tidy Up Tidy Up’ was featured on a charity album called Colours Are Brighter. None of their songs are available on iTunes.
Barcelona Pavilion formed in 2001, and released their first album, self-titled, that year. They later released It's the Barcelona Pavilion, which received airplay on local radio in 2003, and the four track mini-disk It's Because of the Barcelona Pavilion on Blocks Recording Club.
The band were described by NOW in 2003 as "the best new band in Toronto", and were strongly associated with the Torontopia scene of the era. That year they also recorded a radio session for BBC Radio 1 DJ John Peel. After disbanding in 2005, the group reunited for a one-off performance as a part of the popular Toronto music series Wavelength's 500th showcase on February 14, 2010.
- The Barcelona Pavilion (Blocks, 2001)
- It's the Barcelona Pavilion (Blocks, 2003)
- It's Because of the Barcelona Pavilion (Blocks, 2005)
- "Barcelona Pavilion It's The Barcelona Pavilion!". Exclaim!, By Cam Lindsay Sep 01, 2003
- "CIUT 89.5 MHz - Toronto Top 30 For the Week Ending: Tuesday, September 16, 2003". !Earshot.
- "Barcelona Pavilion It's Because Of". Exclaim!, By Alex Molotkow Jul 01, 2005