|Location||Balloch, West Dunbartonshire|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|24 April 1988||Opened by British Rail|
Passenger statistics from the Office of Rail and Road
Balloch railway station is a railway station serving the town of Balloch in Scotland. The station is a terminus on the North Clyde Line, 19+3⁄4 miles (31.8 km) north west of Glasgow Queen Street railway station. The station is managed by Abellio ScotRail. It lies within the boundary, by just over 150 metres (160 yd), of the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park and provides the only example of an overhead electrified railway operating within any UK national park.
Balloch station was opened by British Rail and SPTE on 24 April 1988, replacing the former Balloch Central station which was situated immediately north of a level crossing on Balloch Road. Closure of this level crossing was made possible by the closure of the previous terminus station, Balloch Pier, in 1986. The station is located 1⁄2 mile (800 m) south of where Balloch Pier station stood.
Services terminate here at the single platform and remain there for around seven minutes, before departing.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
North Clyde Line
- Brailsford 2017, Gaelic/English Station Index.
- OS Explorer Map 347 'Loch Lomond South'
- Butt, R.V.J., (1995)
- N/A (1984). "Strathclyde: the Review after the strike". In: Modern Railways, Vol. 42, No. 445, December 1985, Pages 650-651.
- N/A (1988). "News & Notes: Balloch rebuilt". In: Railway Magazine, Vol. 134, No. 1049, September 1988, Page 556.
- GB eNRT 2016 Edition, Table 226 (Network Rail)
- Brailsford, Martyn, ed. (December 2017) . Railway Track Diagrams 1: Scotland & Isle of Man (6th ed.). Frome: Trackmaps. ISBN 978-0-9549866-9-8.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- "Balloch opens for business". RAIL. No. 82. EMAP National Publications. July 1988. p. 15. ISSN 0953-4563. OCLC 49953699.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Balloch railway station.|