|Broadcast area||Available in 7 countries|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
1080i (16:9 HDTV)
|Sister channels||BBC Earth|
BBC World News
|Launched||1 February 2015 (Poland)|
13 April 2015 (Nordic Regions)
1 September 2015 (Africa)
1 November 2019 (Australia)
|Channel 7/channel 24 (IPTV)|
BBC Brit is an entertainment subscription television channel featuring factual entertainment programming. The channel is wholly owned and operated by BBC Studios. Originally set to roll out internationally in 2014, it was later announced it would launch in 2015, starting in Poland.
In October 2013, BBC announced that in 2014 they would roll out three new brands – BBC Earth, BBC First, and BBC Brit, with BBC Brit to be dedicated to entertainment programming. It was later announced that the content would largely be factual entertainment, featuring BBC series Top Gear with the possibility for increases in local adaptions of the series. Other series are to include Room 101 and Mock the Week. It was also announced that roughly 50 hours, or roughly 5 series, of new content would be ordered for the new channel.
The channel is broadcast in St Helena by Sure South Atlantic Ltd's Sure television service alongside BBC World and BBC Lifestyle (the latter only with the company's Premium Package of channels).
- Middleton, Richard (18 October 2013). "BBCWW to scrap global iPlayer". C21 Media. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- "Julie Swanston sets out commissioning wish list for new BBC Worldwide Channels" (Press release). BBC Worldwide. 8 October 2014. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- "BBC BRIT and BBC EARTH to make their global channel debut in Poland" (Press release). BBC Worldwide. 4 November 2014. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- Middleton, Richard (27 January 2014). "BBCWW unveils new Brit brand". C21 Media. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- Parker, Robin (27 January 2014). "BBC Brit unveiled by Worldwide". BroadcastNow. Archived from the original on 28 March 2014. Retrieved 28 March 2014.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- Curtis, Chris (12 December 2013). "BBCW lifts lid on male channel". BroadcastNow. Archived from the original on 28 March 2014. Retrieved 28 March 2014.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Nordics launch for BBC BRIT and BBC EARTH" (Press release). BBC Worldwide. 13 January 2015. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "BBC overhauls channels in Nordic region". Telecompaper. 6 March 2015. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "BBC Worldwide's new global brands BBC Brit and BBC Earth prove a hit with South African audiences" (Press release). BBC Worldwide. 17 September 2015. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "Freeview channel list | overseas". www.terrestrialtv.uk.
- "Fetch TV adds BBC Earth and BBC Brit, now offering BBC channels". Mediaweek. 3 October 2019. Retrieved 9 March 2020.
- BBC Player set to launch in 2016, BBC Worldwide, 27 April 2016
-  BBC Worldwide, 23 March 2017