This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)
|Industry||Communication systems, Medical devices|
|Zvi Marom CEO|
|Products||Broadband networks Solutions[buzzword], Fibre optic networking, Medical diagnostic solutions[buzzword], Video recording|
|Revenue||US$ 134.4 million (2008)|
|$ 24.4 million (2008)|
|$ 24.0 million (2008)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Telco Systems, Vigilant Technology, Resolute Networks|
BATM Advanced Communications Ltd. (Baras Advanced Technologies Marom) is a technology company principally engaged in development, production and marketing of data and telecommunication products in the field of local and wide area networks, as well as the development, production and distribution of laboratory diagnostic equipment in the medical sector. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE techMARK 100 Index.
BATM Advanced Communications was founded in 1992 by Dr. Zvi Marom and Greshon Baras as a bootstrap that grew into a multinational technology corporation; Initially focusing on developing high-performance communications equipment, mainly fibre optic networking, multi-service transport, access solutions[buzzword], and integrated voice, video and data service.
- In April 2000 BATM acquired Telco Systems (founded in 1972) for $260.8 million in cash and 960,000 shares of BATM stock. Telco Systems, based in Foxboro, Massachusetts, manufactures network transport and access solutions[buzzword] for telecommunications service providers.
- In January 2008 BATM acquired Resolute Networks, itself established in 2004 as a merger of Redux Communications (founded in 1999) and Lycium Networks (founded in 2001). Resolute Networks is a provider of sub-system solutions[buzzword] for Circuit Emulation Services (CES) and Synchronous optical networking solutions.[buzzword]
- During 2008, BATM made a number of investments in medical devices and supporting distribution networks, acquiring a clinical chemistry diagnostic company based in Italy.
- In November 2008, the Company completed the acquisition of Vigilant Technology Ltd. (Which provides video security solutions).[buzzword]
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
|Year to 31 Dec||Revenue (US $m)||EBIT (US $m)||Net profit (US $m)|
- Alalof, Eliav. "BATM Line - A small Israeli company making data communications products was launched on London's AIM in 1996 at a value of $60 million. Three years on, BATM's value is $1.7 billion". 27 Oct, 1999. Globes.
- "Netanyahu Now High-Tech Consultant". Los Angeles Times. Associated Press. 3 August 1999. Retrieved 20 September 2012.
- Freund, Oren (19 September 2012). חברת העבר של בנימין נתניהו נרשמה למסחר בבורסה בת"א [Past company of Benjamin Netanyahu listed for trade on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange]. TheMarker (in Hebrew). Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- World Access Completes Sale Of Telco Systems., PR Newswire, retrieved 2009-10-30[dead link]
- BATM Advanced Communications Ltd. completes acquisition of Resolute Networks (PDF), retrieved 2009-10-30[permanent dead link]
- BATM Makes Offer to Purchase Vigilant Technology, retrieved 2009-10-30