Ayo Adesanya hails from Ijagun, Ijebu in Ogun State southwestern Nigeria. Ayo Adesanya attended St Anne's School in Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State,where she completed both her primary and secondary school education and obtained both her First School Leaving Certificate and West African Senior School Certificate. She later proceeded to the University of Ibadan where she obtained a bachelor's degree in Mass communication.
Ayo Adesanya began her career in 1986 after she completed the National Youth Service Scheme (NYSC) In 1996, Ayo Adesanya joined the Nigerian movie industry (Nollywood) professionally and began her professional acting career and made her first appearance on television was on Tunji Bamishigbin's soap opera titled Palace. Ayo Adesanya later joined the Yoruba-language film industry, where she has featured, produced and directed several films. Ayo Adesanya also appears in English-language films.
Ayo Adesanya was formerly married to Goriola Hassan, but now separated. Ayo Adesanya also has a son.
Recognition and Awards
In the cause of her acting career, Ayo Adesanya has won several awards which includes;
1. Best Supporting Actress at the Africa Movie Academy Awards.
2. Most Prominent Actress in Nigeria at the City People Entertainment Awards.
3. Best Actress in Drama at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
- "Ayo Adesanya Finds Love Again". THISDAY LIVE. Archived from the original on 24 February 2015. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- Ruth Olurounbi. "I would have married Ayo Adesanya - Pasuma". tribune.com.ng. Archived from the original on 24 February 2015. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "My eyes are blessings from God - Ayo Adesanya - Vanguard News". Vanguard News. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "I was never married to Goriola Hassan –Ayo Adesanya". The Punch. Archived from the original on 28 February 2015. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "Simplicity gives my life balance –Ayo Adesanya". The Punch. Archived from the original on 28 February 2015. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- "I can never go back to my ex-husband –Ayo Adesanya, actress". The Sun (Nigeria). 10 June 2016. Retrieved 15 September 2016.
- Latestnigeriannews. "My ex-husband and I were never legally married Ayo Adesanya". Latest Nigerian News. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- Ikeru, Austine (2018-05-02). "Ayo Adesanya Biography and Net Worth". Austine Media. Retrieved 2021-05-01.