|Founders||Matthew Bakal, Ameesh Paleja, Geoff Shaevitz|
Atom Tickets is a company based in Santa Monica, California that sells movie tickets and services through its app and website.
Established in 2014, Atom Tickets’ Series A funding was led by Lionsgate. It was started by three partners, Matthew Bakal (currently co-founder and chairman), Ameesh Paleja (co-founder), and Geoff Shaevitz (co-founder). Paleja says that the idea for Atom Tickets came about because he and his friends, "were frustrated with the experience of coordinating a night out at the movies with friends. Between planning the group and picking the movie, the theater, and the show time, plans often fall apart." On February 1, 2016 they announced a completed Series B round of financing from investors that include The Walt Disney Company, 20th Century Fox and Lionsgate. On May 21, 2018, Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia joined as investors and advisers.
Atom Tickets allows users to buy movie tickets through their app or at their website. In addition to ticket sales, some theaters offer advanced concession sales through the service.
In March 2019, Atom Tickets launched Atom Movie Access, a movie subscription service for cinemas that allows exhibitors to create their own customized movie subscription plan.
- "Atom Tickets - Crunchbase". Retrieved February 21, 2020.
- "Atom Tickets, LLC: Private Company Information – Bloomberg". Retrieved May 8, 2019.
- "Atom Tickets – Buy Movie Tickets, Invite Friends, Skip Lines". atomtickets.com. Archived from the original on April 25, 2019. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- "Atom Tickets – Buy Movie Tickets, Invite Friends, Skip Lines". atomtickets.com. Archived from the original on April 20, 2019. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- "Inside the Atom: Interview with Atom Tickets CEO Ameesh Paleja". Boxoffice. May 16, 2016. Archived from the original on April 25, 2019. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- Spangler, Todd (May 21, 2018). "Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia Invest in Atom Tickets (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Archived from the original on August 19, 2018. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- Lang, Brent (April 17, 2018). "Atom Tickets Wants to Streamline Moviegoing by Including Concessions in App". Variety. Archived from the original on May 21, 2018. Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- "Atom Tickets Launches Movie Subscription Service For Exhibitors – Deadline". Deadline. March 28, 2019. Retrieved May 8, 2019.