|Directed by||Ram Gopal Varma|
|Written by||Ram Gopal Varma|
|Produced by||Vishnu Manchu|
|Edited by||Santosh Bammidi|
|Distributed by||24 Frames Factory (worldwide) |
Anukshanam (Telugu:అనుక్షణం, English: Every second) is a 2014 Indian Telugu-language crime thriller film written and directed by Ram Gopal Varma, starring Vishnu Manchu and Revathi in lead roles. Ram Gopal Varma has started a new distribution system with this film by auctioning this movie through a website. Released on 13 September 2014 without an intermission, the film opened to a mixed reception, with praise for Vishnu’s performance, the script and screenplay, but criticism of the gore, bloodshed and lack of characterisation. The film had a lukewarm reception at the box-office.
Inspired by a real-life incident, the film is based on a serial killer who sends a wave of panic across Hyderabad. The story starts with the murder of a young woman. Even as the police try to investigate the case and the news is splashed all over television channels and media, more murders take place. In comes special officer, Gautam (Vishnu Manchu) who gets onto the case and tries to figure out what could have led to the murders. Meanwhile, a series of murders take place and there is furore among the public and pressure on police to trace the killer. The murderer is known to be a taxi driver and Gautam informs the media, but later due to the pressure from the Home minister (Kota Srinivasa Rao), Gautam takes his statement back. The murders continue and later Gautam advises the people not to roam outside after dark. But the serial killer continues the murders in daylight. The serial killer is traced when he tries to murder a TV reporter. The police arrive in time to arrest him, but he escapes and in the process kills two officers. Later the media is given the photo of the serial killer. The serial killer's mother is arrested and is interrogated, in the process revealing that about her son's childhood that he had killed animals in the same way as he is killing the girls. The serial killer then goes to Gautam's house and kills his wife. The serial killer is traced out when he tries to murder Sailaja (Revathi) and another girl, Gautam enters the scene and tries to murder him the same way as he had murdered the girls. But before he does that, Shailaja stops him saying that he needs mental help. In the end, the serial killer is arrested by the police and Gautham walks away.
- Vishnu Manchu as DCP Gautam, Crime Branch Special Officer
- Surya as Psychopath Killer
- Revathi as Shailaja, a Psychologist
- Kota Srinivasa Rao as Harish Reddy, Home Minister
- Brahmanandam as Shailaja's brother
- Navdeep as Ajit (in a cameo appearance)
- Tejaswi Madivada as Satya, Gautam's wife
- Madhu Shalini as Asha, TV 6 News Reporter
- "Anukshanam Review - Anukshanam Movie Review and Rating". Filmcircle. Archived from the original on 13 September 2014.
- "24 frames factory bags 'Erra Bus' worldwide release rights". indiaglitz.com. 11 November 2014. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Anukshanam". Oneindia Entertainment.
- "Anukshanam censored with A certificate". The Times of India.
- "Anukshanam - Movie Review". www.filmibeat.com.
- "Anukshanam gets into the mind of a serial killer, RGV says". The Times of India.
- "Vishnu Manchu thrilled with Anukshanam auction response". The Times of India.
- "Anukshanam Movie Wallpaper". Archived from the original on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "No interval for RGV's Anukshanam". The Times of India. Retrieved 15 January 2017.
- "'Anukshanam' Movie Review Roundup: Watch it for Vishnu's Performance". International Business Times. 13 September 2014.
- CM [Common Man] (13 September 2014). "Anukshanam Telugu Movie Review, Rating". APHerald [Andhra Pradesh Herald].
- Anukshanam Movie Review http://www.aptoday.com/moviereviews/review-anukshanam/53/ Archived 13 September 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- "Power, Anukshanam 3 Days Collection At USA Box Office". www.filmibeat.com.
- "ANUKSHANAM Movie Review". Archived from the original on 14 September 2014. Retrieved 14 September 2014.