Andrew Rork Getty
July 1, 1967
|Died||March 31, 2015 (aged 47)|
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
New York University
|Occupation||Businessman, film director, philanthropist|
|Relatives||J. Paul Getty (paternal grandfather)|
Ann Rork Light (paternal grandmother)
George Getty (paternal great-grandfather)
Sam E. Rork (paternal great-grandfather)
John Paul Getty Jr. (paternal uncle)
John Paul Getty III (cousin)
Mark Getty (cousin)
Andrew Rork Getty (July 1, 1967– March 31, 2015) was an American oil heir, businessman, film director and philanthropist.
Andrew Rork Getty was born in 1967 in San Francisco, California. His father, Gordon Getty, is an heir and classical music composer. His mother, Ann Gilbert Getty, was a philanthropist. His paternal grandfather, J. Paul Getty, was the founder of the Getty Oil Company.
In 2002, Getty started filming The Storyteller starring Frederick Koehler, Sean Patrick Flanery, Brianna Brown, Dina Meyer and others. The film was eventually released under the title The Evil Within in 2017, 15 years after the project started and two years after Getty's death.
Getty resided in a historic mansion formerly owned by composer Miklós Rózsa on Montcalm Avenue in the Hollywood Hills. He was a recluse. Two weeks prior to his death, he filed a restraining order against his ex-girlfriend Lanessa DeJonge.
Getty died at 47 on March 31, 2015. His body was found by his ex-girlfriend, Lanessa DeJonge. An ulcer was suspected in the intestinal bleeding that killed him. His personal assistant said Getty had complained of stomach pain in the two months beforehand. The Los Angeles county coroner ruled the death accidental, with methamphetamine use and heart disease as contributing factors.
- Legacy Obituries
- Fontevecchia, Agustino (31 March 2015). "Andrew Rork Getty Found Dead In Potential Homicide As The Getty Family Tragedy Continues". Forbes. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- California. New West Communications Corporation. July 1990. p. 101.
- Andrew Getty, grandson of Getty Oil founder, found dead, The Guardian, 1 April 2015
- Brooks Barnes, Michael Cieply, Gettys Again Made to Cope With Grief in Public Eye, The New York Times, April 1, 2015
- Justin William Moyer, Andrew Getty, 47, dead in latest Getty family tragedy, The Washington Post, April 1, 2015
- Kate Mather, Richard Winton, Getty oil heir had serious medical condition, court documents say, Los Angeles Times, April 1, 2015
- Andrew Getty found dead in LA home, BBC, 1 April 2015
- "FindLaw's Supreme Court of Nevada case and opinions". Findlaw. Retrieved 8 June 2020.
- "Subscribe to The Australian | Newspaper home delivery, website, iPad, iPhone & Android apps". www.theaustralian.com.au. Retrieved 8 June 2020.
- Bramesco, Charles (14 March 2017). "A millionaire, his meth addiction and the horror movie 15 years in the making". The Guardian. Retrieved 8 June 2020.
- Ritman, Alex (6 March 2017). "Late Getty Heir's Directorial Debut 'The Evil Within' Lands After 15 Years". Hollywood Reporter.
- TMZ staff. "J. Paul Getty Grandson: Massive Blood Loss Before Death, Ulcer Suspected". TMZ.com. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- "Andrew Getty died of haemorrhage, ulcer, bad heart and meth – coroner". The Guardian. Guardian Media Group. Reuters. 17 June 2015. Retrieved 15 March 2017.