This article does not cite any sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Srinu Vytla|
|Produced by||Allu Aravind|
|Written by||Kona Venkat|
|Screenplay by||Bhupathi Raja|
|Story by||Bhupathi Raja|
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Edited by||Marthand K. Venkatesh|
|Distributed by||Geetha Arts|
|4 June 2005|
Andarivaadu: Man of the Masses (transl. Everyone's man) is a 2005 India Telugu-language action comedy-drama film directed by Srinu Vytla. The film stars Chiranjeevi, Rimi Sen, Tabu, Prakash Raj, and Pradeep Rawat.
Govindarajulu (Chiranjeevi) is a mesthri (construction worker) who drinks a lot and lives a carefree life. On the other hand, his son Siddartha alias Siddu (Chiranjeevi) is a popular TV show host and more disciplined man — the opposite of his father. Siddu gets Govinda married to Shanti (Tabu) to sober him.
Siddu is in love with Swetha (Rimi Sen), the daughter of a big-time contractor named Veerendra (Prakash Raj). Veerendra happens to be a childhood friend of Govinda but currently dislikes him due to his behaviors and social class. Thus, he agrees to get Swetha married to Siddu but tells Govinda that in order for the marriage to take place, he must distance himself from Siddu, as Veerendra does not like Govinda's influence on Siddu. Govinda, being the loving and caring father that he is, decides to fake kicking Siddu out of the house so that the latter can marry Swetha.
During the time of the engagement, though, Siddu breaks it in front of everyone, publicly revealing the condition that Veerendra has given. It is revealed that Govinda's friend had told Siddu about the condition, and it is the sole reason that Siddu was kicked out of the house. Siddu returns to Govinda, and a vengeful Swetha decides to separate the family and have Siddu for herself. She begs Govinda to forgive her and take her as his daughter-in-law, as she had not known about Veerendra's condition.
Govinda says that if Siddu wants her, then he is willing to have her in the house because he holds no grudge and wants Siddu to be happy. Siddu decides that as long as Govinda is happy, he is too, and agrees to marry Swetha. Swetha moves into the house and starts making sketches to create differences between Govinda and Siddu with the help of her cousin-brother Sathi Babu (Sunil), but she fails miserably. The rest of the film is about if she succeeds or not.
Meanwhile, Govinda has differences with a big-time rowdy and contractor named Satti Pehelwan (Pradeep Rawat).
- Chiranjeevi … Govindarajulu / Siddharth alias Siddu
- Rimi Sen … Swetha, Siddu's love interest
- Tabu … Shanti, Govindarajalu's wife
- Rakshita … Cheetila Chinni / Janki
- Prakash Raj … Veerendra (Eeru Babu), Swetha's father
- Pradeep Rawat … Satti Pahelwan
- Brahmanandam … Siddu's co-reporter
- Sunil … Sathi Babu, Swetha's cousin-brother
- Kaikala Satyanarayana … Govinda's paternal uncle
- Krishna Bhagavan … Govinda's friend
- M. S. Narayana … Thatharao, Govinda's friend
- Venu Madhav … Govinda's friend
- Hema … Jhansi, Veerendra's wife
- Salim Baig … Pandu, Pahelwan's younger brother
- Dharmavarapu Subrahmanyam … Hitech Poojari
- Chandra Mohan
- Kondavalasa Lakshmana Rao
- Madhu Shalini
- Vajja Venkata Giridhar ... Dattu
- Raghava Lawrence in a special appearance
|1.||"Paduchu Bangaarama"||Mallikarjun, Sumangali|
|2.||"Ammamma Nee Meesam"||Udit Narayan, Kalpana Patowary|
|3.||"Kodikoora Chillugaari"||Jassie Gift, Malathy Lakshman|
|5.||"Okati Rendu Moodu"||Shankar Mahadevan, Grace Karunas|
|6.||"F TV Chiranjeevi"||Sunitha Sarathy|