|Julie Heckman, Executive Director|
The American Pyrotechnics Association was established by a group of seven fireworks manufacturing companies in 1948 with the aim of addressing industry issues such as safety and compliance with state and local pyrotechnics laws. APA members include many participants in fireworks industry – professional display, consumer & proximate pyrotechnic, manufacturers, importers & distributors, both domestic & foreign.
Members of the APA
Members of the American Pyrotechnics Association include:
American Promotional Events, Arthur Rozzi Pyrotechnics, Lynch Imports LLC, Bellino Fireworks, Fireworks Over America, Galaxy Fireworks, Lidu Fireworks, Pyrotechnico, Rozzi Inc., Shiu Fung Fireworks, Hamburg Fireworks Display Inc., and Walt Disney Entertainment.
Milton Dropo Award
The APA awards the Milton Dropo award, a lifetime achievement award considered to be one of the most prestigious awards in the industry. The award is named for pyrotechnics pioneer Milton Dropo, founder of TNT Fireworks (and brother of baseball player Walt Dropo).
- "APA History". American Pyrotechnics Association website. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- "Sustaining Members". American Pyrotechnics Association website. Retrieved 30 November 2014.
- Bill Nowlin. "Walt Dropo". Society for American Baseball Research. Retrieved September 20, 2019.
- "Jim Souza Receives Lifetime Achievement Award". Pyro Spectaculars website. Retrieved September 20, 2019.
- "Highlights & News – Robert Souza – 1930-2013". American Pyrotechnics Association website. 2013. Retrieved September 20, 2019.
- Julie Heckman. "Julie Heckman". Linkedin. Retrieved September 20, 2019.
- "Liuyang Fireworks Delegation Attended Apa Trade Show". UK Pyrotechnics Society. Retrieved September 20, 2019.