|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Original release||January 7 –|
November 18, 2014
Season 26 of the television program American Experience was originally shown on the PBS network in the United States from January 7, 2014, and concluded on November 18, 2014. The season contained seven new episodes and began with the film The Poisoner's Handbook.
|Title||Directed by||Categories||Original air date|
|293||1||"The Poisoner's Handbook"||Rob Rapley||Popular Culture, Technology||January 7, 2014|
|Chronicles the pioneering work of medical examiner Charles Norris and toxicologist Alexander Gettler in New York City during Prohibition and the Great Depression. By recounting their combined work of applying the scientific method to crimes and poisons, the documentary reveals their contribution to the emerging field of forensic toxicology. The film is in part based on the book, The Poisoner's Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York, by Deborah Blum.|
|294||2||"1964"||Stephen Ives||Biographies, Civil Rights, Politics, Popular Culture||January 14, 2014|
|Recounts and examines pivotal events and personalities in politics, culture and sports during 1964 and their reverberations into the present time in the United States. The film is in partly based on the book, The Last Innocent Year: America in 1964, by Jon Margolis.|
|295||3||"The Amish: Shunned"||Callie T. Wiser||Popular Culture||February 4, 2014|
|Examines the experience of several exiled individuals who are former members of an Amish community and their response to the Amish practice of shunning.|
|296||4||"Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"||John Maggio||Biographies, The American West||February 11, 2014|
|Documents the life and crimes of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, members of Butch Cassidy's Wild Bunch.|
|297||5||"The Rise and Fall of Penn Station"||Randall MacLowry||Popular Culture, Technology||February 18, 2014|
|Examines the construction, demise, and eventual demolition of Pennsylvania Station in New York City and its legacy for preservation efforts in the United States. The film is in partly based on the book, Conquering Gotham: Building Penn Station and Its Tunnels, by Jill Jonnes.|
|298||6||"Freedom Summer"||Stanley Nelson||Civil Rights, Popular Culture||June 24, 2014|
|Chronicles the Mississippi Summer Project during the Civil Rights Movement in 1964.|
|299||7||"Cold War Roadshow"||Robert Stone & Tim B. Toidze||Politics, Popular Culture||November 18, 2014|
|A documentary about a 12-day tour in the United States during September 1959 by Nikita Khrushchev, Premier of the Soviet Union, on thw invitation of Dwight D. Eisenhower, President of the United States, during the Cold War. The documentary focuses on the reaction of the American media and the nations' citizens.|
- "Series Overview". American Experience. WGBH Educational Foundation. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- Lloyd, Robert (January 7, 2014). "Review: 'The Poisoner's Handbook' on PBS: Forensic Medicine's Birth". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "American Experience | The Poisoner's Handbook". PBS. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- Lowry, Brian (January 10, 2014). "TV Review: American Experience's '1964'". Variety. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "American Experience | 1964". PBS. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- Hale, Mike (February 3, 2014). "Losing Their Religion, and What's Next". The New York Times. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "American Experience | The Amish: Shunned". PBS. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- Hinckley, David (February 11, 2014). "'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid': Television Review". The New York Daily News. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "American Experience | Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". PBS. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
- Hale, Mike (February 17, 2014). "Oh, Penn Station, Where Are You Now?". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "American Experience | The Rise and Fall of Penn Station". PBS. Retrieved January 10, 2014.
- Hale, Mike (June 23, 2014). "A Few Hot Months of Solidarity and Violence". The New York Times. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
- "American Experience | Freedom Summer". PBS. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Hale, Mike (November 17, 2014). "Some Ad Hoc Diplomacy in a Button-Down Era". The New York Times. Retrieved 26 July 2015.
- "American Experience | Cold War Roadshow". PBS. Retrieved November 23, 2014.