|Presented by||Bill Hemmer |
|Country of origin||United States|
|Production locations||New York, New York|
|Running time||180 minutes|
|Original network||Fox News Channel|
|Picture format||480i (16:9 letterboxed SDTV)|
720p (16:9 HDTV)
|Original release||February 12, 2007 –|
The show focuses on the development of the day's events with interviews, current event updates, and political analysis. The show has been a part of the Fox News program lineup since February 12, 2007, and is the number one cable news broadcast in its time slot.
The program is one of FNC's eight current straight news programs, with the others being Fox News Live, Special Report with Bret Baier, The Faulkner Focus, Fox Report, Fox & Friends First, The Story with Martha MacCallum and Fox News @ Night.
Derived from one of the network's slogans, the show features general news coverage, which is divided between two general categories, either originating from the National Desk or World Desk. The program also features a number of discussions on issues currently in the news, commonly forming a panel of two to three to come onto the program to give separate viewpoints, pulled together by questions asked by the hosts to help inform the viewers on the points of views on the issue at hand.
- The A-Team - Three Fox News contributors offer political analysis the day's events and topics.
- The Headliner - A high-profile official (usually in government) is interviewed by both hosts about the day's current events.
- 24/7 Crew - Featuring host from Fox News Headlines 24/7 to discuss the day's current events.
On March 23, 2009, America's Newsroom began broadcasting in high definition and moved to Studio J, the Election Night 2008 set used by the Fox News Channel.
March 20, 2018, the show debuted Studio N, overlooking the Newsroom. It was stated that the move was temporary while Studio J was under construction.
On June 1, 2018, it was announced that the program would be extended to the 11 AM hour, replacing the long-time show Happening Now, and that the show was moving back to Studio J with a graphics makeover.
On December 19, 2019, it was announced that Ed Henry would replace Bill Hemmer starting January 20, 2020. He was fired five months later. In August 2020 (after a period of rotating anchors) Trace Gallagher - FNC's Los Angeles based chief breaking news anchor - would become recurring co-host. Gallagher remained in L.A., while Smith hosted from New York City, giving the show anchors on both coasts. In September 2020, Hemmer re-joined the program for the network's live coverage of the 2020 presidential debate in Cleveland, Ohio.
In January 2021, Fox News announced a new daytime programming lineup, bringing back founding co-anchor Bill Hemmer to the newscast, along with Dana Perino. Sandra Smith was moved to the 1-3PM/ET time block to co-anchor a new afternoon newscast with former Chief White House Correspondent John Roberts entitled "America Reports." The newscast returned to its two-hour format, giving the 11AM/ET hour to Harris Faulkner's new program, "The Faulkner Focus."
America's Newsroom is broadcast from Studio J at 1211 Avenue of the Americas (also known as the News Corp. Building), New York City.
- Megyn Kelly - Moved to America Live, which debuted on the same day in the 1 PM ET time-slot that was previously occupied by The Live Desk, which has been cancelled three days earlier. Martha MacCallum filled in for Kelly.
- Martha MacCallum - Left America's Newsroom on January 16, 2017, to host a new show on Fox News Channel, The First 100 Days, which became The Story with Martha MacCallum on Monday, May 1. Shannon Bream filled in for MacCallum on America's Newsroom during the 100 day period.
- Shannon Bream - Went on to host a new prime-time show named Fox News @ Night, which started on October 30, 2017. Sandra Smith replaced Bream on October 2, 2017.
- Ed Henry - Suspended on June 25, 2020 following an allegation of sexual misconduct and fired on July 1, 2020. In an internal memo announcing the firing, Fox News commented that the network "strictly prohibits sexual harassment, misconduct, and discrimination".
- Sandra Smith - Left to co-host America Reports with John Roberts starting Monday January 18, 2021. Dana Perino replaced Smith on January 18, 2021. Smith now serves as a substitute anchor for Perino.
- Morning Changes To Fox News Live, TVNewser
- FNC anchor changes Archived 2007-02-04 at the Wayback Machine, ICN
- "Fox News' 'America's Newsroom' moves to temporary home". Newscast Studio.
- "America's Newsroom' to move into Studio J Monday".
- "Premiering Tonight at 7pm ET: Martha MacCallum Hosts 'The First 100 Days'". Fox News Insider. 2017-01-13. Retrieved 2017-09-27.
- "Shannon Bream to Host New Live 11pm Show, 'Fox News @ Night'". Fox News Insider. 2017-09-21. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "MONDAY: Fox News Channel to Launch New Daytime Lineup". Fox News Insider. 2017-09-26. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Fox News Channel to launch revamped daytime programming lineup". Fox News. 2021-01-11. Retrieved 2021-01-15.
- "America's Newsroom (May 14, 2021)". archive.org. 2021-05-14. Retrieved 2021-05-20.
Fox & Friends
| America's Newsroom w/ Bill Hemmer & Dana Perino
9:00 AM – 11:00 PM
The Faulkner Focus