|Member of the Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island for|
October 18, 2011 ��� March 26, 2019
|Preceded by||Jim Bagnall|
|Succeeded by||Cory Deagle|
|Born||March 9, 1952|
Souris, Prince Edward Island
|Occupation||Retired Member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (37 years)|
Allen Roach (born 9 March 1952) is a Canadian politician, who was elected to the Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island in the 2011 provincial election. He represented the district of Montague-Kilmuir as a member of the Prince Edward Island Liberal Party until his resignation after deciding not to run in the 2019 Prince Edward Island general election.
In October 2011, Roach was appointed to the Executive Council of Prince Edward Island as Minister of Innovation and Advanced Learning. He retained the portfolio when Wade MacLauchlan took over as premier in February 2015, but was given an additional role as Minister of Fisheries, Aquaculture and Rural Development. On May 20, 2015, Roach was moved to Minister of Finance. Roach resigned his cabinet position as finance minister on January 10, 2018, after announcing that he would not run in the 2019 election.
- "Minding the House: a biographical guide to Prince Edward Island MLAs (Volume 2), 1993-2017 (Cassandra Bernard & Sean McQuaid, Eds.)" (PDF). Legislative Assembly of Prince Edward Island. Retrieved 2021-04-07.
- "Five Tories to join 22 Liberals at legislature" Archived 2012-12-16 at archive.today. Charlottetown Guardian, October 3, 2011.
- "Veterans bounced from P.E.I. cabinet". CBC News. October 18, 2011. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- "Ghiz announces new cabinet; Brown, Bertram lose portfolios". The Guardian. October 18, 2011. Archived from the original on August 3, 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- "Wade MacLauchlan sworn in as premier, reduces cabinet". The Guardian. February 23, 2015. Archived from the original on August 3, 2016. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- "P.E.I. cabinet restructured under MacLauchlan". CBC News. May 20, 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- "PEI Premier Wade MacLauchlan names new, lean nine-member cabinet". The Globe and Mail. May 20, 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-03.
- "Roach, McIsaac resign from P.E.I. cabinet". CBC News. January 10, 2018. Retrieved 2018-01-10.