|Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe|
|Tenure||Since 28 August 2003|
|Born||25 December 1958|
|Spouse||Princess Marie Luise of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg (m. 1993; div. 2002)|
Nadja Anna Zsoeks (m. 2007; div. 2018)
Mahkameh Navabi (m. 2020)
|Issue||Hereditary Prince Heinrich Donatus|
|Mother||Baroness Eva-Benita von Tiele-Winckler|
Alexander, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe (Ernst August Alexander Christian Viktor Hubert; born 25 December 1958) is the head of the House of Schaumburg-Lippe, which ruled the sovereign principality of the same name within the German Empire until 1918.
He was born in Düsseldorf, the second son of Philipp-Ernst, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe (1928-2003) and his wife Baroness Eva-Benita von Tiele-Winckler (1927-2013). At the time of the death of his grandfather, Prince Wolrad in 1962, Alexander was unlikely to succeed to the headship of the princely house. However following the death of his older brother Hereditary Prince Georg-Wilhelm in a motorcycle accident on 31 July 1983, Alexander became the heir apparent and new Hereditary Prince. He succeeded as head of the princely house following his father's death on 28 August 2003.
He studied law at Göttingen and moved into Bückeburg Palace upon his succession, managing the properties of the House. He is also known as a devoted jazz pianist, and has occasionally given concerts together with his friend Karl Friedrich, Prince of Hohenzollern, a saxophonist.
Marriage and children
- Hereditary Prince Ernst-August Alexander Wilhelm Bernhard Krafft Heinrich Donatus of Schaumburg-Lippe (born 13 May 1994).
Alexander married Nadja Anna Zsoeks (born 20 February 1975) civilly at Bückeburg on June 28, 2007 and religiously at Bückeburg two days later, June 30. They officially announced that they had separated on March 27, 2015. Nadja is an attorney in Munich. Before their divorce in June 2018, the couple had two daughters:
- Princess Friederike Marie-Christine Elisabeth Thaddaea Benita Eleonore Felipa of Schaumburg-Lippe (born 1 December 2008).
- Princess Philomena Sylvia Huberta Amelie Juliana Vera Marie-Anna of Schaumburg-Lippe (born 10 July 2011).
|Ancestors of Alexander, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe|
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XVI. "Haus Schaumburg-Lippe". C.A. Starke Verlag, 2001, pp. 159-163. ISBN 978-3-7980-0824-3.
- Cope, Rebecca. "Handsome European royal Prince Heinrich Donatus attends wedding of his father". Tatler. Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- "Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe und Mahkameh Navabi: Fürstenpaar gibt sich das Ja-Wort". www.SN-Online.de (in German). Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- Schloss Bückeburg (in German)