|Past members||Jonas Asplind|
Ad Infinitum is a Swiss symphonic metal band. Originally a solo project of Swiss singer-songwriter Melissa Bonny, it turned into a full band with arrival of drummer Niklas Müller, bassist Jonas Asplind and guitarist Adrian Theßenvitz. The band signed a deal with Napalm Records in July 2019 and released a debut album – Chapter I: Monarchy – in April 2020. In December 2020, Jonas announced he is leaving the band due to health issues, to be replaced by Korbinian Benedict as the new bassist.
Ad Infinitum began as a solo project of Rage of Light vocalist Melissa Bonny. In November 2018, she released a debut single, I Am the Storm, recorded with guest musicians including Delain guitarist Timo Somers, and launched a crowdfunding campaign to help her finance the production of an upcoming album. The campaign was a success, and during 2019 the project expanded to include drummer Niklas Müller and guitarist Adrian Theßenvitz from Germany, and Follow the Cipher bassist Jonas Asplind from Sweden, and signed to Napalm Records.
On 31 January 2020, the band announced their debut album, Chapter I: Monarchy, to be released on 3 April 2020, and launched the first single from the album, Marching on Versailles. Two more singles preceded the release of the album – See You in Hell on 28 February 2020, and Live Before You Die on 27 March 2020.
On 29 October 2020, the band announced Chapter I Revisited, an acoustic version of the debut album, to be digitally released on 4 December 2020, and presented acoustic rendition of the lead single, Marching on Versailles.
On 27 December 2020, the band posted a video on its official YouTube channel, announcing Jonas was leaving the band due to health issues with his knee, and welcomed the new bassist, Korbinian Benedict. In the same video, the new bassist confirmed that the band is currently working on their upcoming album.
On August 26th, the band announced their new album, Chapter II: Legacy, to be released on October 29th and released their first single Unstoppable from the album.
- Melissa Bonny – lead vocals (2018–present)
- Adrian Theßenvitz – guitars (2019–present)
- Niklas Müller – drums (2019–present)
- Korbinian Benedict – bass guitar (2020–present)
- Jonas Asplind – bass guitar (2019–2020)
- "I Am the Storm" (2018)
- "Marching on Versailles" (2020)
- "See You in Hell" (2020)
- "Live Before You Die" (2020)
- "Marching on Versailles (acoustic)" (2020)
- "Demons (acoustic)" (2020)
- "Unstoppable" (2021)
- Chapter I: Monarchy (2020)
- Chapter I Revisited (2020)
- Chapter II: Legacy (2021)
- "Melissa Bonny Announces New Project Ad Infinitum, Releases Single And Video", Folk N Rock, Retrieved on 25 October 2020.
- "Ad Infinitum: The Beginning of Something Special", Distorted Sound Magazine, Retrieved on 25 October 2020.
- "Ad Infinitum Signs To Napalm Records And Have Announced Tour Dates", Folk N Rock, Retrieved on 25 October 2020.
- "Ad Infinitum Announce Album And Release New Video", Folk N Rock, Retrieved on 25 October 2020.
- "Melissa Bonny’s AD INFINITUM – I Am The Storm (Music Video)", Metal Goddesses, Retrieved on 5 November 2020.
- "Melissa Bonny’s Ad Infinitum Sign With Napalm Records, Announce European Tour", Metal Goddesses, Retrieved on 5 November 2020.
- "Ad Infinitum release new music video for 'Marching On Versailles'", Distorted Sound Magazine, Retrieved on 5 November 2020.
- "Ad Infinitum – See You In Hell (Music Video)", Metal Goddesses, Retrieved on 6 November 2020.
- "Ad Infinitum – Live Before You Die (Lyric Video)", Metal Goddesses, Retrieved on 6 November 2020.
- "Ad Infinitum announce a new acoustic album", Metal Goddesses, Retrieved on 7 November 2020.