|Purpose||advocate and public voice, educator and network|
The Academy of Sciences of Moldova (Romanian: Academia de Științe a Moldovei), established in 1946, is the main scientific organization of Moldova and coordinates research in all areas of science and technology. Ion Tighineanu has been the head of the Academy of Sciences since April 9, 2019.
As early as June 1946, the Presidium of the USSR Academy of Sciences decided to establish the Moldovan Research Base of the USSR Academy of Sciences in Chisinau. In October 1949, the research base was transformed into the Moldavian branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences. The grand opening of the Academy took place on August 2, 1961. A meeting of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova in September 1994 confirms the reasoned scientific opinion of philologists that the correct name of the state language of Moldova is Romanian. Since September 2009, the University at the Academy of Sciences of Moldova has been operating in the country. In October 2017, President Igor Dodon signed a law that provides for the reform of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova.
Organization and departments
- President: Ion Tiginyanu
- Vice Presidents: Theodor Furduy and Mariana Shlapak
- Chief Scientific Secretary: Boris Gaina
- Scientific departments:
- Biological, chemical and environmental sciences
- Medical Sciences
- Physical and Engineering Sciences
- Economic sciences
- Humanities and Arts
- Agricultural Sciences
On 23 August 1969, during the 25th anniversary of the Jassy–Kishinev Offensive, a Liberation Monument at the Academy of Sciences was opened. It has been renovated three times, in 1975, 2014 and 2019. Arrchitects ladimir Naumov, Naum Epelbaum and Lazar Dubinovskiy were part of the project.
- Iachim Grosul (1961–1976)
- Alexandru Jucenco (1977–1989)
- Andrei Andrieș (1989 – February 5, 2004)
- Gheorghe Duca (February 5, 2004 – April 9, 2019)
- Ion Tighineanu (April 9, 2019 – present)
- "Declaraţia Adunării Generale Anuale a Academiei de Ştiinţe a Moldovei - LimbaRomana". limbaromana.md. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "Академия наук Молдовы будет реформирована". Oct 19, 2017. Retrieved Mar 3, 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Igor Dodon a participat la ceremonia de inaugurare a Monumentului eroilor eliberatori ai capitalei, renovat — Președinția Republicii Moldova". Retrieved Mar 3, 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Monument to the Liberation in Chisinau, Moldova | Soviet memorial". Jan 21, 2019. Retrieved Mar 3, 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Academy of Sciences of Moldova.|
- Official website (in Romanian, English, and Russian)