ADOIT is an Enterprise Architecture Management tool, providing functionalities and methods for enterprise analysis, design, planning, and implementation. The platform supports alignment and improvement of dependencies between business and IT, as well as helps manage and analyse the dependencies between different organizational assets. The EA suite ADOIT is based on various international standards, such as TOGAF, ArchiMate, ITIL and COBIT, and is TOGAF®-9 certified. ADOIT is developed by BOC Group, and represents their second flagship product, along with their Business Process Management and Analysis tool, ADONIS NP.
The first version of ADOIT was introduced in 2003, by the company BOC Group. Ever since, ADOIT has been continuously developed and advanced. The latest release of ADOIT is 9.1, released in April 2019. Apart from the commercial, enterprise edition of the tool, since 2013 ADOIT is also available as ADOIT Community Edition freeware.
Application Scenarios and Features
ADOIT is used for optimization of enterprise architectures, covering a wide application field, from the establishment of EA know-how, the definition and implementation of architectural principles, to the establishment of business capability management, the installation of compliance and IT risk management and the integration of process management initiatives.
All ADOIT EA scenarios are available in the web client using HTML 5. ADOIT provides options for role-based access, automated and user-specific notifications and warnings, team collaboration, as well as tailored views and reports. The EA suite can also be integrated with other tools and technologies, such as the BPM suite ADONIS, ServiceNow Live Connector, and others.
Awards and Recognitions
- Named a "Leader" in The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Architecture Management Suites, Q1 2019 by Forrester Research
- Listed in the 2019 Gartner Peer Insights 'Voice of the Customer': Enterprise Architecture Tools report 
- Ranked first and second across all use cases in the 2018 Gartner Critical Capabilities report
- Positioned in the "Visionaries" quadrant in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Architecture Tools 
- Featured in the 2018 Forrester Now Tech report 
- Recognized as “top of class” in the Market Study by Fraunhofer
- "ADOIT". BOC Group.
- The ADOit Method Manual. Vienna: BOC Information Technologies Consulting AG. 2011.
- "TOGAF 9 Tool Certification Register". The Open Group.
- Smith, Kevin Lee (2014). Enterprise Architecture: A Pragmatic Approach Using PEAF. 25 Buttermere, Great Notley, Essex CM77 7UY England: Pragmatic EA Ltd. p. 228. ISBN 978-1-908424-09-9.
- "The BOC Group". BOC Group.
- "BOC Group Announces the Latest Version of its EA Suite ADOIT 9.1 – The Next Generation of Business Insights and User Focus!". BusinessWire.
- "What's New in ADOIT". BOC Group.
- "The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Architecture Management Suites, Q1 2019".
- "Gartner Peer Insights 'Voice of the Customer': Enterprise Architecture Tools, 2019".
- "Gartner Critical Capabilities for Enterprise Architecture Tools, 2018".
- "Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Architecture Tools, 2018".
- "Forrester Now Tech: Enterprise Architecture Management Suites, Q4 2018".
- Drawehn, Jens; Kochanowski, Monika; Kötter, Falko (2014). Business Process Management Tools 2014. Stuttgart: Fraunhofer Verlag. ISBN 978-3-8396-0776-3.