|7 Din Mohabbat In|
|Urdu||سات دن محبت اِن|
|Directed by||Meenu Gaur|
|Written by||Fasih Bari Khan|
|Music by||Arshad Mehmood|
|Edited by||Rizwan A.Q.|
IMGC Global Entertainment
|Distributed by||Distribution Club|
B4U Motion Pictures
|Budget||₨ 10 crore|
|Box office||₨ 13 crore (Worldwide)|
7 Din Mohabbat In (lit. Love in 7 Days) is a 2018 Pakistani romantic comedy film with fantasy elements. It was directed by Meenu–Farjad under Matteela Films. Written by Fasih Bari Khan, the film features Mahira Khan and Sheheryar Munawar in lead roles and also stars Amna Ilyas, Mira Sethi, Hina Dilpazeer and Javed Sheikh. It released on Eid al-Fitr, 16 June 2018, under the production banners of Dawn Films and IMGC Global Entertainment, and has been distributed by Distribution Club in Pakistan and by B4U Motion Pictures internationally.
It received mixed reviews from critics, with praising the film for strong performances and striking visuals, while some criticizing the lead characters and the storyline. Despite this, the film became a box office success.
Tipu (Sheheryar Munawar) is a young introvert man and works in a jewellery shop. He is in need of a girl to love. Although his orphan cousin Neeli (Mahira Khan) lives with him along with his mother (Hina Dilpazeer), he doesn't show any affection to her but Neeli does. Tipu's mother dislikes Neeli and mistreats her. She wants to get rid of her and marry her with a goon Naseer Kankatta (Aamir Qureshi).
One day, he inadvertly approaches a mysterious man who gives him a magic bottle to solve his problem. A djinn (Javed Sheikh) comes out of it and introduces himself as Dwarka Prasad from New Delhi. He gives Tipu a deadline of 7 days in which he has to be said "I love you" by a girl with a mole on her face. If he fails to do so, he will take him as his servant to the hell. He assures that Tipu's time starts right then at 12 o'clock but Tipu discovers that the actual time was 30 mins behind.
So, Tipu starts his search for a girl with a mole on her face with the help of his friend Tingu Master (Danish Maqsood) but fails many times. Tingu suggests him a feminist Ghazala (Amna Ilyas) as she also has a mole on her face. Tipu succeeds in inviting Ghazala to a date. While on the date, Dwarka puts a bomb in Ghazala's bag and informs the police which results in her imprisonment.
After this failed attempt, Tipu is approached by a rich old lady Pino (Beo Rana Zafar) who tells him that she needs the necklace right then she had ordered earlier for her granddaughter Princess Sonu (Mira Sethi) who was landing that day from Frankfurt. Upon reaching Sonu's mansion, Tipu discovers that Sonu also has mole on her face. Meanwhile, Sonu discovers that her father lured her to Karachi intentionally to marry her with his bad-tempered nephew Sadiq Moti (Adnan Shah Tipu). Pino suggests her Tipu who can help her get rid of Sadiq. Ghazala's imprisonment provokes Tipu to go for Sonu but at the same times falls for Neeli.
Sonu succeeds in eloping with Tipu to a hotel even Dwarka tried to interrupt them. Neeli gets suspicious and Dwarka takes her to the hotel where she discovers that Tipu has another girl except her while Tipu reveals that Sonu is in love with Faadi (Emmad Irfani). Tipu gets relieved and approaches Neeli that he is all hers but Neeli refuses, telling that she had accepted Naseer's purposal and is getting married to him the very next day. Tipu gets heartbroken.
On the 7th and wedding day, upon knowing that Tipu is going to stop the wedding, Dwarka bails out Ghazala disguised as Tipu's lawyer and informs her about Tipu's wedding. Enraged Ghazala teams up with her feminine group to break in the wedding. Upon reaching, Tipu gains sympathy of Ghazala and confronts Naseer with her help. Tipu and Neeli gets happily united and Tipu reveals to her the truth about Dwarka's challenge and deadline. Until then, Dwarka breaks in vanishes everyone except Tipu and Neeli. He wounds Tipu but Neeli reveals that she also has a mole near her ear. Dwarka ensures them that they are late as it was twenty-five minutes past twelve. But Neeli reveals to him that he is following New Delhi's time while there are still five minutes left to struck twelve according to Karachi's time. She quickly says "I love you" and their true love impowers Dwarka.
In the end, an impowered Dwarka gets attention of Tipu's mother as she recognizes him as a man she loved while she was in Delhi. They eventually fall for each other while Tipu and Neeli gets happily married.
- Sheheryar Munawar as Tipu
- Mahira Khan as Nilofar "Neeli"
- Javed Sheikh as Dwarka Prasad
- Hina Dilpazeer as Tipu's mother
- Aamir Qureshi as Naseer Kankatta
- Amna Ilyas as Ghazala
- Mira Sethi as Princess Sonu
- Rimal Ali as Mona Lisa (Dance performance in song "Saudai Saiyan")
- Ayesha Omer as Tipu's date partner (Special appearance)
- Beo Raana Zafar as Parveen "Pino"
- Adnan Shah Tipu as Sadiq Moti
- Mohammed Ehteshamuddin (Cameo Role)
- Emmad Irfani as Faadi (Cameo Role)
- Danish Maqsood as Tingu Master
On 11 April 2016, Herald Entertainment, a company of the Dawn Media Group, signed a contract with Matteela Films, which also included to work on a film with the directorial duo Meenu Gaur and Farjad Nabi of Zinda Bhaag (2013) fame. Written by Fasih Bari Khan, Saat Din Mohabbat In was announced by Dawn Films on 1 March 2017 as their debut production, "this moving film promises to be both a visual and musical treat for moviegoers," said an official spokesperson. On 17 July, it was reported that IMGC Global Entertainment signed an agreement to co-produce the film. Distribution Club Pvt Ltd was appointed the nationwide distributors. Speaking about the film, Sanam Mehdi; the executive producer of Dawn Films said, "I believe this film will be the beginning of a new era in Pakistani cinema."
Mahira Khan and Sheheryar Munawar were signed in the lead roles, and their names were revealed as the film was announced. It will be their second mutual film after Ho Mann Jahaan (2016). Khan said, "I am doing a comedy film for the first time ever. I am nervous about excited as well."
The cast that were initially signed in supporting roles include Amna Ilyas, Mira Sethi, Imran Aslam, Rehana Saigol, Rimal Ali, Aamir Qureshi and Adnan Shah Tipu. Ilyas commented on her role that "You can also call this girl a feminist," because "she believes in equality between men and women." Rimal Ali said, "I was approached for the movie by producer, Sanam Mehdi and I knew I had to do it." Sethi signed this as her debut film, she said about her role, "I am playing a British character".
On 22 August, it was announced that Javed Sheikh will also be a part of the film, on which he commented, "We need more light hearted stories like these that have the potential to entertain the audience". On 31 October, it was announced that the Bulbulay fame actresses Ayesha Omer and Hina Dilpazeer too joined the cast. Dilpazeer commented on her second film with Meenu–Farjad, "I feel the audiences will love its unique storyline."
After having rehearsals throughout July, the principal photography began on 1 August 2017 in Karachi, while the last spell was shot in November 2017. Rana Kamran has served as the cinematographer.
|1.||"Yunhi Rastay Mai"||Piyush Mishra||Shuja Haider||Ali Sethi, Aima Baig||4:52|
|2.||"Kaahe Ko Biyahi Bides"||Amir Khusrow||Waqar Ali||Abu Muhammad, Fareed Ayaz||6:09|
|3.||"Saudai Saiyan"||Shakeel Sohail||Shiraz Uppal||Neha Chaudhry||3:14|
|4.||"Jawai Noon"||Ashraf Ali||Ashraf Ali||Waqar Ehsin||4:01|
|5.||"Ishq Lara"||Shani Arshad||Shani Arshad and Natasha Baig||3:20|
According to the box-office report, Saat Din Mohabbat In has managed to make Rs. 5.3 crores in Pakistani theaters on the Eid weekend. The film collected 8.05 crores in its 1st week including the next Friday.The film also collected 1.6 crores overseas in its first week. It collected 1.75 crores in its 2nd week, making its total domestic gross up to 9.8 crores. According to reports of 10 July, the film had already grossed 10.35 crores in Pakistan. The worldwide gross is still unknown but some sources reported that film had grossed 13 crores worldwide.
The film generally gathered positive reviews but some criticised it for its storyline and noted resemblance from Bollywood movies.
Areebah Shahid from Bolo Jawan gave the film 2.5 out of 5 stars, stating, "7 Din Mohabbat In is strictly a one-time watch that is unlikely to appeal to maturer audiences. Watch only because it’s the better of the three options this Eid and because Pakistani cinema needs your support. 
Shaheera Anwar from The Express Tribune gave a positive review with a rating of 3.5/5, stating ''All in all, 7DMI boasts of power-packed performances which will keep you entertained, even if you don’t quite take to the script.'' She praised the film's direction, dialogues and cast, and rewarded the film with the verdict as ''If you’re looking for beautiful sets, hilarious punch lines and some PG-rated comedy, 7DMI is your best bet.''
Dawn's staff writer Anum Rehman Chagani gave 4 out of 5 stars, praising the direction and visual effects, and said ''7DMI wouldn't have been bearable if it wasn't so darn visually appealing.'' She feels that few scenes were inspired by other movies, and wrote ''While Fasih Bari Khan is an intelligent writer, no doubt about it, the movie's story was a let-down.'' She praised the performances, specially from Mahira Khan ''With every role she takes on, it's becoming evident she's on a mission to reinvent herself, step out of her comfort zone and grow as an actor.''
Aamna Haider Isani of Something Haute described the film as ''absurd'', and noted that ''It's a suspension of all logic and senses, encouraging you to take creative control and believe in the impossible. It's also absurd enough to allow you to believe in love, magic and the unexpected.'' She appreciated the film's writing, direction and special effects, stating ''Kudos to Faisal Bari Khan for writing such an emancipated script and to Farjad and Meenu for directing it to perfection. Attention to detail and special effects in the film are commendable.''
Asjad Khan of HIP praised its visual effects and wrote that " It’s very safe to say that 7DMI has utilized CGI and sound design better than any other Pakistani film". The editor also praised its screenplay and all in all praised the actors especially Mahira Khan and wrote "In a very different role Mahira Khan proves that she is a versatile actress".
Amna Zaidi of Siddy Says praised the direction and wrote "The directors have made sure everything, from the Karachi backdrop, to the background music, styling of characters, dialogues, action and comedy all play in harmony with each other delivering an entertaining flick". She also praised the leading actors and complimented on Sheheryar Munawar, as "Tipu played by Sheheryar Munawar is the highlight of the film, not only does he act like a dorkey 29 year old to perfection, he looks amazing on screen" and praised Mahira Khan, writing that "Mahira is definitely on a roll and a journey to reinvent herself, and she is doing it like a boss. Her comic timing and expression show a new side of her, and you cant help fall in love with Neeli’s firecracker of a character".
Mahwash Ajaz of Khaleej Times wrote in the final review that "It incorporates elements and motifs that swirls around in a giant melting pot and presents viewers a fresh, original comedic romance that is worth your money. It's the kind of film you take your friends and family to - for a fun Eid outing".
- "The teaser for 7 Din Mohabbat In is out now". DAWN Images. 17 April 2018. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- Mohammad Kamran Jawaid (30 December 2018). "TRADE: SO, HOW DID THE BOX OFFICE DO?". Dawn. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- Zeeshan Mahmood (30 June 2018). "Box Office: '7 Din Mohabbat In' and 'Azaadi' fare well, others fail miserably". Galaxy Lollywood. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Saat Din Mohabbat In will release on Eid ul Fitr next year". DAWN Images. 20 November 2017. Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- "'7 Din Mohabbat In' set to be the biggest hit of the year". Global Village Space. 28 June 2018. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "'7 Din Mohabbat In' rules box office". The Nation. 20 June 2018. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "7DMI rules box office with Rs53 million earnings on Eid weekend". DAWN Images. 20 June 2018. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- Buraq Shabbir (9 May 2018). "7 Din Mohabbat In: magic or an absolute mess?". The News. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- "Herald Entertainment subsidiary to produce films". DAWN. 12 April 2016. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "Dawn group to produce film". DAWN. 3 March 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Dawn Films, IMGC Global sign contract to produce movie". DAWN. 17 July 2017. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Mahira Khan and Sheheryar Munawar will star together in 'Saat Din Mohabbat In'". DAWN Images. 1 March 2017. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Super thrilled about 'Maula Jatt' and reuniting with Fawad Khan: Mahira Khan". The Express Tribune. 17 December 2017. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- "Amna Ilyas wants to promote gender equality with her 'Saat Din Mohabbat In' role". DAWN Images. 14 September 2017. Retrieved 16 January 2018.
- Adnan Lodhi (31 July 2017). "A silver lining amid societal turmoil". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Irfan ul Haq (10 August 2017). "Transgender model Rimal Ali will make her cinematic debut with Saat Din Mohabbat In". DAWN Images. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Mira Sethi signs on to 'Saat Din Mohabbat In'". DAWN Images. 19 March 2017. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Javed Sheikh is now a part of 'Saat Din Mohabbat In' too". DAWN Images. 22 August 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Ayesha Omar, Hina Dilpazeer join the cast of Saat Din Mohabbat In". DAWN Images. 31 October 2017. Retrieved 31 October 2017.
- "Mahira Khan and Sheheryar Munawar starrer 'Saat Din Mohabbat In' begins shooting". DAWN Images. 2 August 2017. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- Shoaib ur Rehman (10 May 2018). "'Yunhi Rastay Mai' first song from '7 Din Mohabbat In' unveiled". Business Recorder. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- "'7 Din Mohabbat In' rules box office". The Nation. 2018-06-20. Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- Staff, Images (2018-06-20). "7DMI rules box office with Rs53 million earnings on Eid weekend". Images. Retrieved 2018-07-05.
- "7 Din Mohabbat In Week One Business Overseas :: Poor | Box Office Detail". Box Office Detail. 2018-06-22. Retrieved 2018-08-08.
- "Box Office". www.lollywoodonline.com. Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- Template:Cite Bolo Jawan
- "7 Din Mohabbat In Review: A rib-tickling desi fairytale | The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 2018-06-14. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- Mumtaz, Khusro. "In review: 7 Din Mohabbat In **1/2". Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- Chagani, Anum Rehman (2018-06-14). "Review: 7DMI brings magical realism to Karachi, leaving you spellbound". Images. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- "Haute review: 7 Din Mohabbat In is absurd". Something Haute. 2018-06-19. Retrieved 2018-07-19.
- Khan, Asjad (2018-06-14). "In Review: 7 Din Mohabbat In, a fairytale you ought to experience". HIP. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- "SIDDYSAYS TV: REVIEW OF 7 DIN MOHABBAT IN - SiddySays". www.siddysays.com. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- "Not your typical romcom: '7 Din Mohabbat In' empowers women and tears down toxic masculinity | CBC Arts". CBC. Retrieved 2018-08-01.
- Ajaz, Mahwash. "7 Din Mohabbat: A fun film to watch this Eid". www.khaleejtimes.com. Retrieved 2018-08-01.