|2017 Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl|
|20th Music City Bowl|
|Date||December 29, 2017|
|MVP||Justin Jackson (RB, Northwestern)|
|Favorite||Northwestern by 6.5|
|National anthem||Trace Adkins|
|Referee||Chris Coyte (Pac-12)|
|United States TV coverage|
|Announcers||TV: Taylor Zarzour, Andre Ware, Olivia Harlan|
Radio: Mike Corey, Rene Ingoglia, Desmond Purnell
The 2017 Music City Bowl was a college football bowl game played on December 29, 2017, at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee. It was one of the 2017–18 bowl games concluding the 2017 NCAA Division I FBS football season. The 20th annual Music City Bowl, the game was sponsored by the Franklin American Mortgage Company and was officially known as the Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl.
The 2017 Music City Bowl featured the Northwestern Wildcats (9–3) from the Big Ten Conference and the Kentucky Wildcats (7–5) from the Southeastern Conference (SEC). Northwestern beat Kentucky by a score of 24–23.
This was only the second time that Kentucky and Northwestern had played against each other. Their previous match-up was on October 20, 1928, and was won by Northwestern, 7–0.
|Time of possession||24:08||35:52|
|UK||Passing||Stephen Johnson||19-36 257 yards|
|Rushing||Sihiem King||30 yards|
|Receiving||Tavin Richardson||5 rec 89 yards|
|NU||Passing||Matt Alviti||4-11 50 yards|
|Rushing||Justin Jackson||157 yards|
|Receiving||Charlie Fessler||1 rec 28 yards|
Kentucky running back Benny Snell was ejected in the 1st half for shoving a referee attempting to help him up. However, the video of the incident shows that Snell was simply attempting to remove the referee's hands from his wrists.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-12-30. Retrieved 2017-12-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Bowl payout
- Greenstein, Teddy (December 29, 2017). "Northwestern vs. Kentucky: Music City Bowl Matchup and Prediction". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- McGuire, Kevin (December 29, 2017). "CFT Previews: Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl". NBC Sports. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- Greenstein, Teddy (December 29, 2017). "Northwestern Earns 10th Win in Wild Music City Bowl Against Kentucky". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved December 29, 2017.
- "Homer and Purple Claw Way to 7-0 Win Over Kentucky Wildcats". Decatur Evening Herald. Decatur, Illinois. Associated Press. October 21, 1928. Retrieved December 29, 2017 – via newspapers.com.
- "Kentucky vs. Northwestern". ESPN. ESPN. Retrieved 6 February 2018.