|2016 New Era Pinstripe Bowl|
|7th Pinstripe Bowl|
|Date||December 28, 2016|
|Location||Bronx, New York|
|MVP||Northwestern RB Justin Jackson|
|Favorite||Pitt by 5|
|Referee||Dan Romeo (Big 12) |
|United States TV coverage|
|Announcers||TV: Ryan Ruocco, Mike Golic, Mike Golic Jr, Paul Caracaterra,|
Radio: Kevin Winter, Jack Ford, CJ Papa
The 2016 Pinstripe Bowl was a post-season American college football bowl game played on December 28, 2016 at Yankee Stadium in the New York City borough of the Bronx. The seventh edition of the Pinstripe Bowl featured the Pittsburgh Panthers of the Atlantic Coast Conference against the Northwestern Wildcats of the Big Ten Conference. It was one of the 2016–17 bowl games that concluded the 2016 FBS football season. Sponsored by the New Era Cap Company, the game was officially known as the New Era Pinstripe Bowl.
This was the seventh meeting between the schools, with the series previously tied at 3–3. The previous meeting of the two teams was on September 29, 1973, where the Panthers defeated the Wildcats by a score of 21–14.
|Rushes–yards||32–169 (5.3)||50–248 (5.0)|
|Time of possession||24:38||35:22|
|Passing||Nathan Peterman||13/18, 1 TD, 1 INT|
|Rushing||Quadree Henderson||6 car, 76 yds|
|Receiving||Dontez Ford||3 rec, 53 yds|
|Passing||Clayton Thorson||23/36, 1 TD, 1 INT|
|Rushing||Justin Jackson||32 car, 224 yds, 3 TD|
|Receiving||Austin Carr||6 rec, 51 yds|
- "College Bowl Game Odds". ESPN. December 7, 2016. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "2016 Pinstripe Bowl Game Stats". Stats Broadcast. Stats Broadcast. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- "College Bowl Game Payouts". Statistic Brain Research Institute. November 25, 2015. Retrieved December 21, 2015.
- Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Northwestern Wildcats series history
- "Pittsburgh vs. Northwestern - Team Statistics". ESPN.com. December 28, 2016. Retrieved December 27, 2019.