|2012 ADAC Formel Masters|
The 2012 ADAC Formel Masters season was an open-wheel motor racing series for emerging young racing drivers based out of Germany. It was the fifth season of the ADAC Formel Masters. The season began on 31 March at Motorsport Arena Oschersleben and finished on 30 September at Hockenheim after eight race weekends, totalling 24 races.
The championship was won by German driver Marvin Kirchhöfer.
This section's factual accuracy may be compromised due to out-of-date information. (September 2012)
The first two poles of the season were claimed at Oschersleben by second-year driver Jeffrey Schmidt for the Lotus team, that was previously known as Motopark Academy. But he was passed by his team-mate Marvin Kirchhöfer on the opening lap of the first race, with Kirchhöfer going on to win his first race in single-seaters. Schmidt and Kirchhöfer collided in the second race, while Thomas Jäger secured his first win in the German series, and the first for his team, Neuhauser Racing, since 2008. Another Lotus driver Kuba Dalewski won the reverse-grid third race of the weekend in his first single-seaters meeting.
Teams and drivers
|5||Beitske Visser||1–2, 4–6, 8|
|Mücke Motorsport||8||Roy Nissany||All|
|ADAC Berlin-Brandenburg||11||Hendrik Grapp||All|
|Neuhauser Racing||14||Gustav Malja||All|
|Team KUG Motorsport||16||Hubertus Carlos-Vier||1|
|KSW Motorsport||18||Kim-Alexander Giersiepen||1–3, 7–8|
|G&J/Schiler Motorsport||19||Sebastian Balthasar||All|
|HS Engineering||20||Felix Wieland||All|
|23||Nicolas Beer||4–6, 8|
Race calendar and results
- The 2012 calendar was announced on 29 September 2011. Seven of eight race weekends are a part of the ADAC's Masters Weekend package, with an additional round at the Nürburgring that will support the ADAC Truck Grand Prix.
- ^1 — The third race at the Sachsenring was abandoned following an accident in which Florian Herzog and Kim-Alexander Giersiepen collided with a course car while marshals were recovering the car of Nicolas Pohler from a gravel trap.
- Points are awarded as follows:
|Races 1 & 2||25||18||15||12||10||8||6||4||2||1|
Bold – Pole
- "Schmidt takes first two pole positions". ADAC Formel Masters. ADAC. 31 March 2012. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- "Marvin Kirchhöfer wins first race of the season". ADAC Formel Masters. ADAC. 31 March 2012. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- "Jäger secures first win in the Formel ADAC". ADAC Formel Masters. ADAC. 14 April 2012. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- "First win for Kuba Dalewski". ADAC Formel Masters. ADAC. 1 April 2012. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
- "Team Motopark becomes Lotus". Team Motopark. Motopark Academy. 13 February 2012. Archived from the original on 29 January 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
The German-based team will enter four Dallara-VWs in the 2012 German Formula 3 Championship and no less than six cars in the German ADAC Formula Masters, the new leading feeder series for up and coming drivers from kart racing.
- "ADAC Formel Masters auch 2012 stark besetzt" [ADAC Formula Masters in 2012 strongly occupied]. ADAC Formel Masters (in German). ADAC. 8 March 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "ADAC Formel Masters — Class Rank Freies Training" (PDF). ADAC Formel Masters. Blancpain Timing; ADAC. 8 June 2012. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
- "La Visser con Motopark" [Visser for Motopark]. ItaliaRacing.net (in Italian). Inpagina. 16 February 2012. Archived from the original on 17 October 2012. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Nissany bleibt Mücke-Pilot" [Nissany is the Mücke driver]. ADAC Formel Masters (in German). ADAC. 4 January 2012. Retrieved 12 February 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Ein ehrgeiziger Neuling" [An ambitious newcomer]. ADAC Formel Masters (in German). ADAC. 28 December 2011. Retrieved 12 February 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Kremer will um den Titel kämpfen" [Kremer wants to fight for the title]. ADAC Formel Masters (in German). ADAC. 8 December 2011. Retrieved 12 February 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Neuhauser Racing 2012 weiter mit Malja, Teamkollege noch offen" [Neuhauser Racing with Malja, teammate still unknown]. ADAC Formel Masters (in German). ADAC. 28 February 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Neuhauser mit Jäger auf Punktejagd" [Neuhauser with Jäger in points chase]. ADAC Formel Masters (in German). ADAC. 22 March 2012. Retrieved 23 March 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Willkommen, Belgien" [Welcome, Belgium]. ADAC Formel Masters (in German). ADAC. 15 March 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "2012 erneut mit acht mal drei Rennen" [Eight times with three races in 2012 again]. ADAC Formel Masters (in German). ADAC. 29 September 2011. Retrieved 12 February 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Third race at Sachsenring abandoned". ADAC Formel Masters. ADAC. 10 June 2012. Retrieved 10 June 2012.