|1979 Oregon State Beavers football|
|1979 record||1–10 (1–7 Pac-10)|
|Home stadium||Parker Stadium|
|1979 Pacific-10 Conference football standings|
|No. 2 USC $||6||–||0||–||1||11||–||0||–||1|
|No. 11 Washington||5||–||2||–||0||9||–||3||–||0|
|Arizona State †||3||–||4||–||0||6||–||6||–||0|
Rankings from AP Poll
The 1979 Oregon State Beavers football team represented Oregon State University in the Pacific-10 Conference (Pac-10) during the 1979 NCAA Division I-A football season. In their fourth and final season under head coach Craig Fertig, the Beavers compiled a 1–10 record (1–7 in Pac-10, last), and were outscored 396 to 147. The team played its five home games on campus at Parker Stadium in Corvallis.
Fertig was fired in October, in the second year of a three-year contract at $33,696 per year. He coached through the end of the season, and lost the finale to Oregon 24–3 in the Civil War, the Beavers' fifth straight loss to the Ducks.
|September 8||at New Mexico*||L 16–35||27,525|
|September 15||No. 1 USC||L 5–42||32,000|
|September 22||at Kansas State*||L 16–22||32,600|
|September 29||Arizona State||L 0–45||20,000|
|October 6||at No. 7 Washington||L 0–41||49,881|
|October 13||at California||L 0–45||29,000|
|October 20||San Jose State*||L 14–24||11,000|
|October 27||Stanford||W 33–31||16,000|
|November 3||Washington State||L 42–45||21,500|
|November 17||at Arizona||L 18–42||45,162|
|November 24||at Oregon||L 3–24||36,536|
- "2017 Media Guide" (PDF). thesundevils.com. ASU Athletics. p. 127. Retrieved June 15, 2018.
- "1979 Oregon State Beavers Schedule and Results". SR/College Football. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
- "Andros, board recommend that Fertig be fired". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). Associated Press. October 11, 1979. p. 3C.
- "Fertig: coaches players bemoan lack of discipline". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). Associated Press. October 20, 1979. p. 3C.
- "Fertig officially fired by OSU". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). October 22, 1979. p. 1B.
- "Fertig won't be back in '80". Lewiston Morning Tribune. (Idaho). Associated Press. October 23, 1979. p. 1B.
- Conrad, John (November 23, 1979). "Keeping his head up and mouth shut". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). p. 1B.
- Withers, Bud (November 25, 1979). "Ducks win it the way Beavers used to, 24-3". Eugene Register-Guard. (Oregon). p. 1C.