|1977 Cal State Los Angeles Diablos football|
|Home stadium||Campus Field|
|1977 NCAA Division II independents football records|
|No. 8 Lehigh ^||–||12||–||2||–||0|
|No. T–5 Nevada||–||8||–||3||–||0|
|Central State (OH)||–||5||–||6||–||0|
|Cal State Los Angeles||–||4||–||5||–||0|
Rankings from Associated Press poll
The 1977 Cal State Los Angeles Diablos football team represented California State University, Los Angeles during the 1977 NCAA Division II football season. The Diablos played as an independent in 1977 then discontinued the football program at the end of the season. They played 27 seasons in all, and finished with a record of 102–139–10 over those seasons.
The 1977 Diablos were led by Ron Hull in his second year as head coach. The team played home games at the Campus Field in Los Angeles, California. They finished the season with a record of four wins and five losses (4–5). The Diablos were outscored by their opponents 93–123 for the season.
|September 10||US International[note 1]||W 24–6||2,000|
|September 17||Southern Utah State[note 2]||L 12–27|
|September 24||at Cal State Hayward[note 3]||L 7–38|
|October 1||at Sacramento State[note 4]||W 13–10||2,000|
|October 8||Cal State Northridge||L 6–7||2,000|
|October 22||California Lutheran||L 6–14|
|October 29||San Diego||W 9–0||1,500|
|November 5||at Azusa Pacific||Azusa, CA||W 10–0|
|November 12||San Francisco State||L 6–21|
Team players in the NFL
- Alliant International University was formed in 2001 via the merger of United States International University (USIU) and California School of Professional Psychology.
- Southern Utah University was known as Southern Utah State College from 1969 to 1990.
- California State University, East Bay was known as California State University, Hayward from 1972 to 2004.
- The official name of Sacramento State has been California State University, Sacramento since 1972. However, it is still commonly known as Sacramento State.
- "Cal Lutheran Passes Beat San Diego". The Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California. September 11, 1977. p. III-14. Retrieved March 31, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Fullerton Routs Northridge, 45-14". The Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California. October 2, 1977. p. III-10. Retrieved February 6, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- "San Diego St. Bows, 34-14". The Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California. October 9, 1977. p. III-16. Retrieved March 31, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Cal Lutheran Makes It Six in a Row". The Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California. October 30, 1977. p. III-13. Retrieved February 24, 2017 – via Newspapers.com.
- "1977 - Cal St.-Los Angeles". Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- "1978 NFL Draft". Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- "Los Angeles St. Players/Alumni". Retrieved January 19, 2017.