|1969 New Orleans Saints season|
|Owner||John W. Mecom, Jr.|
|Head coach||Tom Fears|
|General manager||Vic Schwenk|
|Home field||Tulane Stadium|
|Division place||3rd Capitol|
|Playoff finish||Did not qualify|
|Pro Bowlers||RB Andy Livingston|
FB Tony Baker
G Jake Kupp
K Tom Dempsey
The 1969 New Orleans Saints season was the team's third as a member of the National Football League. They improved on their previous season's output of 4–9–1, winning five games. The team failed to qualify for the playoffs for the third consecutive season. Tom Dempsey led the team in scoring with 99 points and was named to the Pro Bowl.
The 1969 Saints surrendered 7.90 yards per-pass-attempt (including quarterback sacks), an NFL record at the time for the Super Bowl Era, and third all-time as of 2012.
|1969 New Orleans Saints draft|
|1||September 21, 1969||Washington Redskins||L 26–20|
|2||September 28, 1969||Dallas Cowboys||L 21–17|
|3||October 5, 1969||at Los Angeles Rams||L 36–17|
|4||October 12, 1969||Cleveland Browns||L 27–17|
|5||October 19, 1969||Baltimore Colts||L 30–10|
|6||October 26, 1969||at Philadelphia Eagles||L 13–10|
|7||November 2, 1969||at St. Louis Cardinals||W 51–42|
|8||November 9, 1969||at Dallas Cowboys||L 33–17|
|9||November 16, 1969||at New York Giants||W 25–24|
|10||November 23, 1969||San Francisco 49ers||W 43–38|
|11||November 30, 1969||Philadelphia Eagles||W 26–17|
|12||December 7, 1969||at Atlanta Falcons||L 45–17|
|13||December 14, 1969||at Washington Redskins||L 17–14|
|14||December 21, 1969||Pittsburgh Steelers||W 27–24|
|New Orleans Saints||5||9||0||.357||1–5||4–6||311||393||W1|
Note: Tie games were not officially counted in the standings until 1972.
- Date: November 23, 1969
- Game weather: 62 °F (17 °C)
- Game attendance: 71,448
NFL Films selected this matchup as the Game of the Week.
- 1969 New Orleans Saints
- Numbelievable!, p.19, Michael X. Ferraro and John Venziano, Triumph Books, 2007, Chicago, Illinois, ISBN 978-1-57243-990-0
- Cold Hard Football Facts: Ryan Kalil ad: Carolina D not up to the task, third to only the 1981 Colts and 1975 Jets
- "1969 New Orleans Saints draftees". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved November 10, 2014.
- "All-Time Roster". NewOrleansSaints.com. Archived from the original on 2012-06-18. Retrieved June 23, 2012.