|1960 Green Bay Packers season|
|Head coach||Vince Lombardi|
|General manager||Vince Lombardi|
|Home field||City Stadium|
Milwaukee County Stadium
|Division place||1st NFL Western|
|Playoff finish||Lost NFL Championship Game (at Eagles) 13–17|
The 1960 Green Bay Packers season was their 42nd season overall and their 40th season in the National Football League. The team finished with an 8–4 record under second-year head coach Vince Lombardi to win the Western Conference and a berth in the NFL championship game. It was the Packers' first appearance in the title game since winning it in 1944. After a Thanksgiving Day loss at Detroit, the Packers won their final three games, all on the road, to win the crown.
The championship game was against the Eastern Conference champion Philadelphia Eagles (10–2), played at Franklin Field in Philadelphia on Monday, December 26. Two years earlier in 1958, both teams had been last in their respective conferences, winning a combined three games.
|1||5||Tom Moore||Running Back||Vanderbilt|
|5||51||Dale Hackbart||Defensive Back||Wisconsin|
|7||77||Kirk Phares||Guard||South Carolina|
|8||89||Don Hitt||Center||Oklahoma State|
|11||125||Ron Ray||Tackle||Howard Payne|
|12||137||Harry Ball||Tackle||Boston College|
|13||149||Paul Winslow||Defensive Back||North Carolina Central|
|14||161||Jon Gilliam||Center||East Texas State|
|16||185||John Littlejohn||Back||Kansas State|
|17||197||Joe Gomes||Back||South Carolina|
|18||209||Royce Whittington||Tackle||Southwestern Louisiana|
- Yellow indicates a future Pro Bowl selection
|1||September 25||Chicago Bears||L 17–14||0–1||City Stadium||32,150|
|2||October 2||Detroit Lions||W 28–9||1–1||City Stadium||32,150|
|3||October 9||Baltimore Colts||W 35–21||2–1||City Stadium||32,150|
|5||October 23||San Francisco 49ers||W 41–14||3–1||Milwaukee County Stadium||39,914|
|6||October 30||at Pittsburgh Steelers||W 19–13||4–1||Forbes Field||30,155|
|7||November 6||Baltimore Colts||L 38–24||4–2||Memorial Stadium||57,808|
|8||November 13||Dallas Cowboys||W 41–7||5–2||City Stadium||32,294|
|9||November 20||Los Angeles Rams||L 33–31||5–3||Milwaukee County Stadium||35,763|
|10||November 24||at Detroit Lions||L 23–10||5–4||Tiger Stadium||51,123|
|11||December 4||at Chicago Bears||W 41–13||6–4||Wrigley Field||46,406|
|12||December 10||at San Francisco 49ers||W 13–0||7–4||Kezar Stadium||53,612|
|13||December 17||at Los Angeles Rams||W 35–21||8–4||Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum||53,445|
- Thursday (November 24: Thanksgiving Day), Saturday (December 10 & 17)
- A bye week was necessary in 1960, as the league expanded to an odd number (13) of teams (Dallas); one team was idle each week.
Week 1 vs Bears
- Date: September 25
- Game weather: 60 °F (16 °C)
- Game attendance: 32,150
- Box Score
|Championship||December 26, 1960||at Philadelphia Eagles||L 17–13||Franklin Field||67,325|
|NFL Western Conference|
|Green Bay Packers||8||4||0||.667||7–4||332||209||W3|
|San Francisco 49ers||7||5||0||.583||7–4||208||205||W1|
|Los Angeles Rams||4||7||1||.364||4–6–1||265||297||L1|
Note: Tie games were not officially counted in the standings until 1972.
|Green Bay Packers roster|
Rookies in italics
NFL Championship Game
- First quarter
- GB – Paul Hornung 20-yard FG
- Second quarter
- Third quarter
- No scoring
- Fourth quarter
Awards and records
- Tom Moore, NFL Kickoff Return Leader
- Paul Hornung set an NFL record for scoring 176 points, a record that since has been broken
- "Green Bay rips Rams to win Western title". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Associated Press. December 18, 1960. p. 1, section 3.
- Lea, Bud (December 27, 1960). "Eagles win NFL title". Milwaukee Sentinel. p. 1, part 1.
- "Eagles rally once again". Spokane Daily Chronicle. Washington. Associated Press. December 27, 1960. p. 13.
- Kuechle, Oliver E. (December 27, 1960). "Eagles beat Packers for title, 17-13". Milwaukee Journal. p. 14, paft 2.
- "Eagles win NFL title with 17 to 13 victory". The Bulletin. Bend, Oregon. UPI. December 27, 1960. p. 2.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2013-Dec-27.
- Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2016-Dec-25.