The 1948 United States Senate election in Colorado took place on November 2, 1948. Incumbent Democratic Senator Edwin C. Johnson was re-elected to third term in a landslide over Republican Will Nicholson, a businessman and Air Force veteran.
- Eugene Cervi, newspaperman and Chairman of the Colorado Democratic Party
- Edwin C. Johnson, incumbent Senator since 1933
|Democratic||Edwin C. Johnson (inc.)||84,919||71.86%|
- Will Nicholson, owner of the Denver Bears and Air Force veteran
- John C. Vivian, former Governor of Colorado from 1943 to 1947
|Republican||John C. Vivian||43,052||46.91%|
|Democratic||Edwin C. Johnson (inc.)||340,719||66.79%||16.56|
- Clerk of the United States House of Representatives (1949). "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 1948" (PDF). U.S. Government Printing Office.