Zalman Nechemia Goldberg
|Died||August 20, 2020 (aged 89)|
|Organisation||Jerusalem Rabbinical High Court|
Zalman Nechemia Goldberg (Hebrew: זלמן נחמיה גולדברג; January 28, 1931 – August 20, 2020) was a rabbi, posek, and rosh yeshiva in Israel. The scion of a Lithuanian Jewish family, Goldberg was also a son-in-law of Shlomo Zalman Auerbach.
Harav Goldberg was a halakhic authority and Chief Justice of the Rabbinical High Court in Jerusalem, where he made rulings on the issues of gittin, ketubot, artificial insemination, and the commandment of living in the Land of Israel. He co-authored the Jewish prenuptial agreement sponsored by the Rabbinical Council of America together with Mordechai Willig.
Harav Goldberg was the rosh yeshiva of both the Sadigura Hasidic yeshiva and the Jerusalem College of Technology (Machon Lev), and headed the Institute for the Higher Study of Halacha (Machon Iyun Ha'Halacha) in Jerusalem. He lectured extensively in the Chabad Yeshivat Torat Emet of Jerusalem on matters of Jewish law.
In November 2009, he wrote an endorsement for The King's Torah, a controversial book by Yitzhak Shapira. He later rescinded it, saying that the book includes statements that "have no place in human intelligence."
- "Legal issues Magazine". www.jpost.com. Retrieved 15 August 2008.
- Rabbinical Council of America, 30 May 2006: "RCA Reaffirms its Commitment to Preventing Agunah Tragedies". Retrieved 4/3/2012
- "Virtual Halacha Program with a Smicha Option - Join Now, Entire Bishul Is Free!". 24 March 2020.
- "The making of the Talmudic Encyclopedia". 27 October 2014.
- Matthew Wagner, "Book advocating killing gentiles who endanger Jews is hard to come by", Jerusalem Post, 11 November 2009
- Daniel Estrin (22 January 2010). "The King's Torah: a rabbinic text or a call to terror?". HaAretz.
- "אבל כבד בעולם התורה והדיינות: הג��ון רבי זלמן נחמיה גולדברג זצל". 20 August 2020.
- Halakha Down to Earth: In Memory of Rav Z.N. Goldberg Yona Reiss, Tradition Online
- Rav Zalman Nechemia Goldberg, zt”l: A Great Gaon and a Great Human Being By Rabbi Haim Jachter | August 27, 2020, New Jersey Jewish Link
- הרב הראשי לישראל הגאון רבי דוד לאו בהספד על מורו ורבו הגרז״נ גולדברג זצ״ל by Rabbi David Lau
- הספד על הגרז"ן זצ"ל, מפי בנו, הרב אהרן גולדברג by his son Rabbi Aharon Goldberg
- Azkara for Rav Zalman Nechemia Goldberg זצ"ל, Rabbi Mordechai Willig and Rabbi Meir Goldwicht