A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Zach Throne (born April 3, 1967 in Hollywood, California) is an American actor and musician.
Throne is the son of Malachi Throne and Judith Merians and is the brother of Joshua Throne. He earned a Gold record in 1992 for his work on the soundtrack album to the television series The Heights, on which he performed guitars, bass, piano and vocals as well as co-starred in the series. The album yielded a hit single, "How Do You Talk to an Angel" (on which Zachary performed on) that was #1 on Billboard for two weeks in November 1992.
As an actor, Zachary is best known for playing the recurring role of "Howard", the radio station manager/drug dealer on Beverly Hills 90210 and for playing "Danny" on the FOX series, Party of Five. As a singer, Zachary has sung on many TV and radio jingles. He provided the singing voice for the character, "Mark Winkle" on the television series, California Dreams as well as the singing voice for the character, "Greg Brady" in the films, The Brady Bunch Movie and A Very Brady Sequel. Currently, he resides in Las Vegas, Nevada where he performs in many shows. Form 2010 -2012 he was the lead guitarist and backup vocals for Dr. Strangelove, a band in Vancouver BC. From 2012-2014, he was the lead singer/lead guitar player/bass player for the Sin City Sinners, a group that also featured former Faster Pussycat guitarist and co-founder Brent Muscat as well as Slash bass player, Todd Kerns. With the group, he recorded two albums, "DIVEBAR Days Revisited" and "A Sinners Christmas 2", both released in 2013.
From 2014-2015, Throne toured with the group, Bow Wow Wow as their lead guitar player.
Select TV acting/voice credits
- The Heights (1992), Lenny Wieckowski. Series regular. Zach also played on and did vocals on the soundtrack album, which featured the #1 theme song, "How Do You Talk to an Angel".
- Beverly Hills, 90210 (1993–1994), Howard
- Party of Five (1994–1995), Danny
- California Dreams (1994–1996), Mark Winkle (singing voice only)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2003), Balloon Vendor in the episode "Homebodies"
- ER (2003), Dr. Scott in the episode "A Little Help from My Friends"
- SpongeBob SquarePants (2007), Zach the Fish in the episode "The Krusty Sponge/Sing a Song of Patrick"
- The Batman (2007), Anchor/Doctor in the episode "White Heat"
- Avatar: The Last Airbender (2006–2008), additional voices
Select film appearances
- The Brady Bunch Movie (1995), Greg Brady (singing voice only)
- Deceptions II: Edge of Deception
- A Very Brady Sequel (1996), Greg Brady (singing voice only)
- Soulmates (1997)
- Meat Loaf: To Hell and Back (2000)
- Hair I Go Again (2016)
Select video game appearances
Zach is the voice of the announcer in Bejeweled 3 and Bejeweled Blitz as well as providing the voices for the slot machine version, entitled Bejeweled 3D, a 3D slot machine to make its debut at a ceremony in Las Vegas, Nevada in October, 2014.