|Born:||September 5, 1990|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||275 lb (125 kg)|
|High school:||Simeon (Chicago, Illinois)|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 6 / Pick: 198|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Zach Moore (born September 5, 1990) is an American football defensive end who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round, 198th overall, of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Concordia University in St. Paul, Minnesota, where he led the defense with 14 sacks in 2012.
A native of Chicago, Illinois, Moore attended Simeon Career Academy in Chatham, where he played primarily offensive tackle as an underclassman due to his 6'6" frame. He was selected to Illinois Top 100 Players, was a Chicago 5-star recruit and was ranked in the Illinois Prairie State Top Five. He was named All-City First Team and All-State. He also competed in track & field for the Wolverines.
He moved on to Division II Concordia University, where he focused on playing defensive end. He became a starter as a sophomore, registering 42 tackles (11.5 for loss) and 10 sacks. The next year, he was redshirted and did not play.
In 2012, he tallied 14 sacks and 21 tackles for loss. As a senior, he posted 33 tackles (9.5 for loss), 7 sacks, 12 quarterback hurries, 2 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 3 passes defensed, and one blocked kick. He set the school record in career sacks (33) and finished third all-time in tackles for loss (45).
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 5 1⁄2 in
|4.84 s||1.67 s||2.80 s||4.46 s||7.41 s||33 1⁄2 in
|10 ft 3 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
New England Patriots
During the 2014 season, Moore was active for eight regular season games, and did not play in any of the team's postseason contests, including their Super Bowl XLIX victory over the Seattle Seahawks, becoming Concordia-St.Paul's first Super Bowl champion.
In his limited snaps, Moore recorded only three tackles, but did record a half-sack (along with Dont'a Hightower) and forced fumble of Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, which was returned for a touchdown by Rob Ninkovich. Moore also recovered a C. J. Spiller fumble against the Buffalo Bills.
Moore was released by the Patriots on September 5, 2015.
On September 5, 2015, Moore was signed by the Minnesota Vikings to the practice squad, moving back to the state where his college career took place. On December 19, Moore was promoted to the 53-man roster. On September 3, 2016, he was released as part of the team's final roster cuts.
On September 6, 2016, Moore was signed to the Dallas Cowboys' practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on December 16, when the team was forced to play him against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, because of injuries to DeMarcus Lawrence and Cedric Thornton. He was released on December 26, to make room for defensive end Randy Gregory, who was coming off a suspension.
San Francisco 49ers
On December 27, 2016, Moore was claimed off waivers by the San Francisco 49ers, in order to secure his rights for the 2017 season. He was declared inactive for the last game of the regular season. On May 2, 2017, Moore was waived by the 49ers.
On May 3, 2017, Moore was claimed off waivers by the Carolina Panthers. He was waived on September 2, 2017 and was signed to the Panthers' practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on December 2, 2017.
On September 1, 2018, Moore was released by the Panthers.
On September 2, 2018, the Cardinals claimed Moore off of waivers. He played in all 16 games recording 14 tackles and 3.5 sacks.
- *Zach Moore | Concordia (MN), DE : 2014 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
- "Concordia's Zach Moore excited for NFL shot with Patriots". FOX Sports North. May 12, 2014. Retrieved September 1, 2014.
- "Patriots release 11 players; Place Brandon LaFell on PUP". Patriots.com. September 5, 2015. Retrieved December 1, 2016.
- "Minnesota Vikings Sign Zach Moore To Practice Squad". Daily Norseman. Retrieved December 20, 2015.
- "Vikings Place Scott Crichton On Injured Reserve, Promote Zach Moore". Daily Norseman. Retrieved December 20, 2015.
- "Vikings Announce Roster Moves, Set 53-Man Roster". Vikings.com. September 3, 2016.
- Helman, David (September 6, 2016). "Two Former Draft Picks Among Trio Added To Cowboys' Practice Squad". DallasCowboys.com.
- Helman, David (December 16, 2016). "Chaz Green To Undergo Back Surgery, Will Move To Injured Reserve". DallasCowboys.com.
- Archer, Todd (December 26, 2016). "Cowboys activate Randy Gregory off reserve/exempt list after suspensions". ESPN.com.
- "49ers Place Carlos Hyde on IR; Claim DL Zach Moore". 49ers.com. December 27, 2016.
- "49ers Announce Several Roster Moves". 49ers.com. May 2, 2017.
- Voth, Bill (May 3, 2017). "Panthers claim Zach Moore". Panthers.com.
- Henson, Max (September 2, 2017). "Panthers trim roster to 53". Panthers.com. Archived from the original on September 20, 2017.
- Voth, Bill (September 3, 2017). "Panthers sign 10 players to practice squad". Panthers.com.
- "Carolina Panthers roster news: Zach Moore promoted from practice squad, John Theus placed on injured reserve". CatScratchReader.com. December 2, 2017.
- Voth, Bill (September 1, 2018). "Panthers trim roster to 53". Panthers.com.
- Urban, Darren (September 2, 2018). "Cardinals Undergo Roster Changes, Build Practice Squad". AZCardinals.com.