Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Chinyere Yvonne Okoro
25 November 1984
Chinyere Yvonne Okoro is a Ghanaian-Nigerian actress. Born to a Nigerian dad and Ghanaian mother, Yvonne Okoro is of mixed lineage and calls herself an African. Yvonne Okoro is from Koforidua in the Eastern Parts of Ghana She received Ghana Movie Awards Best Actress Award in 2010 and was nominated for Africa Movie Academy Awards Best Actress twice in a row in 2011 and 2012 for her movies Pool Party and Single Six. She has also received four Africa Magic Viewers' Choice Award and in 2012 was honoured with a Distinguished Achievement Award at the Nigeria Excellence Awards.
Born to a Ghanaian mother and a Nigerian father. Yvonne Okoro is of mixed lineage and calls herself an African. She comes from a very large family, as the first child of her mother and the fifth of all siblings. She, from a young age, showed desire to be an actress. She attended Achimota Preparatory School after which she went to the Lincoln Community School and then to Faith Montessori School. She continued at Mfantsiman Girls Secondary School after which she enrolled at University of Ghana, Legon where she did Bachelor of Arts, combining English and Linguistics. Subsequently, she was at the Universite de Nantes in France to study Press Civilization, Drama and Marketing.
She made her screen debut in Sticking to the Promise, a 2002 movie produced by the Nigerian producer Theo Akatugba, just after her Senior High Education. She also played a cameo role in the hit series Tentacles by the same producer for Point Blank Media Concepts.
She's currently the host of Dinning with Cooks and Braggarts. Cooks and Braggarts is a celebrity cooking show that features well-known figures to mint their hands on how they cook their favorite foods while bespeaking about various topics.
She made it known to Accra based radio Peace FM that she owns her own company Desamour Company Limited. As well as other transport business.
- Queen Lateefah
- Mother's love
- Beyonce: The President's Daughter
- The Return Of Beyonce
- The President's Daughter
- Desperate To Survive
- The Game
- Agony Of Christ
- Royal Battle
- Queen Of Dreams
- ‘Le Hotelier’ in France
- Pool Party
- Sticking to the promise
- Single Six
- Why Marry
- Best Friends (Three can play)
- Blood is Thick
- Four Play
- Four Play reloaded
- Forbidden City
- Contract (28th dec. 2012) with Hlomlo dandala.
- I Broke my Heart
- Adams Apples film series (2011–2012)
- Ghana Must Go (2016)
- Rebecca (2016)
- Like Cotton Twines (2016)
- "Yvonne Okoro, Efya Made Ambassadors For Head Of State Awards". dailyguideghana.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "10 things you don't know about Yvonne". Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "BUZZ Yvonne Okoro honoured by Nigeria Excellence Awards". Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Yvonne Okoro". ghananation.com. Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "Yvonne Okoro Returns With 'Dining With Cooks & Braggarts'". Modern Ghana. 2018-12-06. Retrieved 2019-06-11.
- Lamptey, Edwin (2018-06-10). "Yvonne Okoro is super rich. Here are some companies she owns as an entrepreneur". Yen.com.gh - Ghana news. Retrieved 2020-03-24.
- "Yvonne Okoro pays bills of 13 new mothers at Korle Bu Teaching Hospital – Glitz Africa Magazine". Retrieved 2020-03-24.
- Link text, additional text.
- "Everything you need to know about Yvonne Okoro's upcoming movie". Pulse Nigeria. Chidumga Izuzu. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yvonne Okoro.|