|Ysgol Gymraeg Bro Morgannwg|
Colcot Road, Barry
|School type||Comprehensive and primary State School|
|Motto||Dyro dy law i mi ac fe awn i ben y mynydd|
(Give me your hand and we'll go to the top of the mountain)
|Local authority||Vale of Glamorgan|
|Headteacher||Mr Hywel Price|
|Age||5 to 19|
|Houses||Cadog, Illtud, Mihangel.|
|Colour(s)||blue and turquoise|
Ysgol Gymraeg Bro Morgannwg (previously Ysgol Gyfun Bro Morgannwg) is a Welsh medium comprehensive school in the town of Barry in the Vale of Glamorgan, on the coast of south Wales. It is located adjacent to Barry Hospital.
The school was established in September 2000, in what was formerly the Lower School of Barry Comprehensive School. By 2002, there were 24 teachers and 369 pupils in year 7 to 9 at the school. A quarter of the pupils came from homes where one parent could speak Welsh, and 6% came from homes where both parents could speak Welsh. The school won over 7 awards at the Urdd National Eisteddfod in 2017, and is typically successful for its all-round talents in all fields.
Sion Jones ( Rugby league, born 1997 ) rugby league player for Halifax RLFC and Wales RL
- Lloyd Williams, rugby player for Cardiff Blues and Wales
- Cory Allen, rugby player for Cardiff Blues and Wales U20's
- Steffan Jones, rugby player for Wales 7s
- Wes Burns, football player for Bristol City
- "Tudalen y Pennaeth/The Heads Page | Ysgol Gymraeg Bro Morgannwg". www.ygbm.cymru. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Report: Ysgol Gyfun Bro Morgannwg Inspection 25 – 29 November 2002" (PDF). Estyn. 31 January 2003.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 18 November 2015. Retrieved 13 August 2015.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
|This Welsh school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|