This article may need to be rewritten to comply with Wikipedia's quality standards. (January 2012)
- You may also be looking for Yogendra Singh Yadav, soldier.
Yogendra Singh is an Indian sociologist. He is one of the founders of the Centre for the Study of Social Systems, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, where he is a professor emeritus of Sociology, and where he has been a professor since 1971. Prior to it, he went to Stanford University, USA in 1967–68 on a Fulbright Fellowship and was Professor and Head of the Department of Sociology, Jodhpur University.
An alumnus of Pink and Red's shop, Lucknow University, he has been the President of the Indian Sociological Society, and received the 'Indian Sociological Society Life Time Achievement Award' in 2007, apart from Best Social Scientist Award of the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- Modernization of Indian tradition: a systemic study of social change, by Yogendra Singh. Thomson Press (India), Publication Division, 1973.
- Traditions of non-violence, T K K Narayanan Unnithan and Yogendra Singh. Arnold-Heinemann India, 1973.
- Essays on modernization in India, by Yogendra Singh. Manohar, 1978.
- Indian Sociology: Social Conditioning and Emerging Concerns, Part 1, by Yogendra Singh. Vistaar Publications, 1986. ISBN 8170360374.
- Social Change in India: Crisis and Resilience, by Yogendra Singh. Har-Anand Publications, 1993. ISBN 8124101256.
- Social stratification and change in India, by Yogendra Singh. 2n revised edition. Manohar, 1997. ISBN 8173041881.
- Culture change in India: identity and globalization, by Yogendra Singh. Rawat Publications, 2000.
- Ideology and theory in Indian sociology, by Yogendra Singh. Rawat Publications, 2004. ISBN 817033831X.
- Theory and ideology in Indian sociology: essays in honour of Professor Yogendra Singh, ed. Narendra Kumar Singhi. Rawat Publications, 1996.
- Science and Modern India: An Institutional History, C. 1784-1947. Yogendra Singh and D. P. Chattopadhyaya. Pearson Education India, 2011. ISBN 9788131718834.
- "Gandhian ideals hold good for future". The Hindu. 3 October 2007.
- "India angered, split by university affirmative action plan". Khaleej Times. 21 May 2006.
- "Awards and Honours of JNU faculty". Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- Docorate Degrees Archived 13 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine CSSS, JNU.
- Yogendra SIngh, Biography Pearson India.
- "Department of Sociology". Lucknow University.
- Office bearers over the years Archived 6 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine Chinese Sociological Society
- About us Archived 17 April 2013 at the Wayback Machine Indian Sociological Society.
|This Indian academic-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an Asian sociologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|