|Born||3 April 1987|
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||16 st 6 lb (106 kg)|
Yileen "Buddy" Gordon (also known as Yilleen Gordon) is an Australian rugby league footballer who plays for the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the Canterbury Cup NSW. Gordon formerly played for the Bulldogs and Penrith Panthers. He was sacked by the West Tigers in February, 2014 for breach of contract. He currently plays in the Centres and has previously played in the back-row or at centre.
Yileen Gordon started his career at the South Sydney Rabbitohs in 2005. He made his debut for the South Sydney Rabbitohs against the Canterbury Bulldogs in Round 13 of the 2005 NRL season, Gordon spent most of his time when not playing for Souths with the North Sydney Bears Souths feeder side in The Intrust Super Premiership NSW. Gordon played for Norths in their 2007 Intrust Super Premiership NSW grand final loss to Parramatta where he scored a try in the first half of the match.
Gordon made a toal of 31 appearances for Norths and scored 17 tries. In 2008 he signed with the Canterbury Bulldogs, the team he played against in his debut. Gordon signed with the Penrith Panthers for the 2011 season, and his Penrith debut was a 26 - 18 loss against the New Zealand Warriors in Round 8.
After being released by Penrith, he spent 2012 playing for Moore Park in the South Sydney local league and was working at the National Centre of Indigenous Excellence, where he was part of the healthy lifestyle team and delivered anti-smoking workshops as well as educating Indigenous youth and the wider community on cost effective, healthier meal choices.
In 2013 he was signed to Newtown Jets, the feeder club for the Sydney Roosters, in the NSWRL competition.
In November, 2014 Gordon was signed to a one-year secondary tier contract with the West Tigers, but was sacked by the club before making an appearance. The club refused to reveal the reason behind the sacking, but said the termination of his contract was for "a breach of his playing terms and conditions".
Gordon's most significant achievements were representing the Indigenous team in the inaugural Indigenous All Stars Match in 2010 and scoring the winning try in the Indigenous Dreamtime vs. New Zealand Maori game in 2008.
At the end of 2018, Gordon was released by Wentworthville. On 7 March 2019, it was revealed that Gordon had signed with one of his former clubs South Sydney and will play for the Souths reserve grade side.
- NRL Stats[permanent dead link]
- "Yileen Gordon - Career Stats & Summary - Rugby League Project". www.rugbyleagueproject.org. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "Eels break Peachey's heart". Herald Sun.
- "South Sydney Rabbitohs North Sydney Bears Affiliated Players". www.ssralmanac.com. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "NRL Wests Tigers sack Yileen Gordon for "a breach of his playing terms and conditions"". Daily Telegraph. 4 February 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- NSWRL, 2015 http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2015/03/10/highlights_roos_sea_.html.
- Creative Spirits, 2010 http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/sport/first-nrl-indigenous-all-stars-team
- Zimbio 2008 http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/twm-Y_i7WgB/Indigenous+Dreamtime+v+New+Zealand+Maori/P77-KbjSGzm/Yileen+Gordon.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 24 June 2017. Retrieved 21 July 2017.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Official Intrust Super Premiership profile of Yileen Gordon for Wentworthville Magpies". New South Wales Rugby League. Retrieved 24 February 2019.
- "South Sydney tap into fans' nostalgia with return to spiritual home". www.nswrl.com.au.