Headquarters of Yaskawa
|Yaskawa Electronic Distributor Association (1915-1981)|
|Traded as||TYO: 6506|
Nikkei 225 Component
|Founded||July 16, 1915 (as Yaskawa Electronic Distributor Association)|
1981 (as Yaskawa Electric Corporation)
|Headquarters||2-1 Kurosakishiroishi, Yahatanishi-ku, Kitakyushu 806-0004 Japan|
|Junji Tsuda, Chairman of the Board Hiroshi Ogasawara, Representative Director, President|
|Revenue||JPY 448.5 billion (FY 2018) (US$ 4.05 billion) (FY 2018)|
Number of employees
|15,287 (consolidated)(as of March 1, 2018)|
|Website||https://www.yaskawa.co.jp/en/ Official website]|
|Footnotes / references|
The Yaskawa Electric Corporation (株式会社安川電機, Kabushiki-gaisha Yasukawa Denki) (Formerly The Yaskawa Electronic Distributor Association (安川電機電子ディストリビュータ協会, Yasukawadenki denshi disutoribyūta kyōkai)) is a Japanese manufacturer of servos, motion controllers, AC motor drives, switches and industrial robots. Their Motoman robots are heavy duty industrial robots used in welding, packaging, assembly, coating, cutting, material handling and general automation.
The company was founded in 1915, and its head office is located in Kitakyushu, Fukuoka Prefecture. Yaskawa applied for a trademark on the term "Mechatronics" in 1969, it was approved in 1972. The head-office, in Kitakyushu, was designed by the American architect Antonin Raymond in 1954.
Products and Services
- Servo Drives and Machine Controllers
- AC Drives
- Industrial robots for various industrial processes
- System Engineering used in:
- Steel plants
- Social systems (water circulation, energy conservation, disaster prevention, mega-solar systems, hybrid electrical generation systems and energy management systems)
- Environment & energy (power generation equipment)
- Electrical power (electric power distribution equipment)
- Industrial electronics
- Information Technology
- Equipment for Energy Saving and Creation
YASKAWA has business hubs in 29 countries around the world and with production bases in 12 countries including Japan. There are 81 subsidiaries and 24 affiliate companies across the globe. Some of these are:
- in the Americas: Yaskawa America, Inc., Yaskawa Canada Inc., Yaskawa Electrico do Brasil Ltda., Solectria Renewables LLC
- in Europe, Africa, Middle-East: Yaskawa Europe GmbH, Yaskawa Nordic AB, Yaskawa Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd, VIPA
- in Asia-Pacific: Yaskawa India Private Limited, Yaskawa Electric (China) Co., Ltd., Yaskawa Electric Korea Corporation, Yaskawa Electric Taiwan Corporation
- "Corporate Data". Yaskawa Electric. Archived from the original on December 11, 2014. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Operating Results". Yaskawa Electric. Retrieved April 29, 2015.
- "Annual Report 2013" (PDF). Yaskawa Electric. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Company Profile". Reuters. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Robotics.com Company Profile".
- "Company History". Archived from the original on February 27, 2014. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- Yaskawa introduction booklet, 2012
- "Components:Nikkei Stock Average". Nikkei Inc. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- http://www.themiddlemarket.com/news/manufacturing/yaskawa-scoops-up-solectria-renewables-251171-1.html Yaskawa Deal
- "About us". Yaskawa VIPA controls.
- "Global Network". Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- Official global website (in English)
- Yaskawa America, Inc. - Drives & Motion Division
- Yaskawa Europe GmbH
- Yaskawa India Private Limited
- Yaskawa Viet Nam, Inc
|This article about a Japanese corporation- or company-related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a technological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|