|Subsidiary of Marvelous|
(President and CEO)
|Parent||AQ Interactive (2007–2011)|
Xseed Games is an American video game company founded by former members of Square Enix USA. It later became a subsidiary of the Japanese game company Marvelous, providing the localization and publishing services for video games and related materials.
On April 15, 2007, AQ Interactive, Inc. announced the acquisition of Xseed Games, with share transfer before June 2007. The deal was signed on April 24, 2007, and the share transfer was completed on June 26, 2007. On April 9, 2008, Xseed Games announced that they would be joining forces with Marvelous Entertainment (MMV) to co-publish their games in North America. At E3 2008, MMV USA and Xseed Games distinguished the games that would be co-published under the agreement and the games that Xseed would publish separately.
On April 1, 2009, AQ Interactive announced increasing its stake of Xseed Games from 55% to 90% on the day of announcement. On April 14, 2010, Xseed Games announced its partnership with Japanese developer Nihon Falcom over localizing and publishing Ys Seven, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Ys I & II Chronicles, and the Trails in the Sky trilogy for the PlayStation Portable in North America.
On March 13, 2012, Xseed Games announced that the publication of Ys: The Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin would be its first release on the Steam digital distribution platform. On March 31, 2013, Index Corporation's Atlus Online Division online business unit was purchased by Marvelous AQL and transferred to Xseed. On April 6, 2013, Xseed Games announced its business name was changed to Marvelous USA, Inc.
In 2019, former Xseed localization producer Brittany Avery discovered that she was not credited for her work on the enhanced PlayStation 4 port of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel after leaving the company the previous year. As a result, Xseed revealed their policy of not crediting staff members in games if they are no longer employed at the company at the time it releases. This practice, which was done by some other companies in the industry, was widely criticized by both fans and industry members.
- "XSEED JKS，Inc.の株式の取得（子会社化）に関するお知らせ". Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "XSEED JKS，Inc.の株式の取得(子会社化)完了のお知らせ". Archived from the original on 2013-10-23. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- Marvelous Entertainment and Xseed Games Announce Co-Publishing Agreement
- "Marvelous Entertainment and XSEED Games Announce Co-Publishing Agreement - Strategic Partnership Further Establishes Marvelous Entertainment Publishing Presence as Companies Join Forces to Bring to Market Popular Japanese Video Games". Archived from the original on 2015-04-18. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "当社子会社の業務提携に関するお知らせ". Archived from the original on 2016-03-05. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "Games being shown under the Marvelous and XSEED Games partnership". GameSpy.
- "XSEED Games Announces Wide-Ranging Partnership with Nihon Falcom Strategic Deal Reflects Bringing the Popular Ys and The Legend of Heroes series to North America". XSEED Games. Archived from the original on 2016-12-02. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- Eric Caoili (2010-05-14). "XSeed, Nihon Falcom Partner To Bring Ys, Legend Of Heroes To North America". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2010-05-14.
- "XSEED Games to Start Publishing on Steam". Archived from the original on 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- 当社子会社によるIndex Digital Media,Inc.（米国）のオンラインゲーム事業取得に関するお知らせ
- "XSEED JKS, Inc. Becomes Marvelous USA, Inc". Archived from the original on 2013-06-07. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- Zwiezen, Zack. "JRPG Publisher Removes Producer From New Game's Credits Because She Left The Company". Kotaku. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (8 June 2019). "Xseed slammed for "terrible" policy of only crediting current members of staff in its games". Eurogamer. Retrieved 9 June 2019.
- Vitale, Adam. "Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls launches for PC on January 15". RPG Site. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- Vitale, Adam. "Ys: Memories of Celceta launches for PlayStation 4 on June 9 in North America, June 19 in Europe". RPG Site. Retrieved 1 May 2020.
- "XSEED localizing latest Harvest Moon as Story of Seasons". Gematsu. 2014-05-28.
- "Senran Kagura 2 coming to North America on September 15". Nintendo Everything. Retrieved 19 August 2015.
- "Corpse Party: Blood Drive for Switch and PC launches October 10". Gematsu. 2019-10-03. Retrieved 2019-10-06.
- One PR Studio. "XSEED Games Reveals Plans for Trails of Cold Steel PC Version Alongside Launch Date for Trails in the Sky the 3rd". Gamasutra. UBM. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- Games, XSEED (October 2018). "The Definitive JRPG Experience Awaits As The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Come West to PlayStation®4 in Early 2019 - XSEED Games". www.xseedgames.com. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- "Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Dances into Danger Starting December 20". 2016-12-09.
- "Fate/Extella delayed to early 2017 in North America, Noble Phantasm Edition announced". 2016-10-05.
- XSEED Games [@XSEEDGames] (13 April 2017). "Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star is coming to Nintendo Switch! Launches July 25 in NA!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Moyse, Chris. "Cute adventure Freedom Planet hitting Switch this month". Destructoid. Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Senran Kagura Reflexions launches September 13 in North America - Gematsu". Gematsu. 2018-08-23. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- XSEEDGames (2019-05-29). "Spring is in the Air! XSEED Games Brings Players a Medley Bouquet of Game Announcements and Updates". XSEED Games. Retrieved 2019-05-29.
- "Gal Metal launches October 30 in North America, November 2 in Europe - Gematsu". Gematsu. 2018-10-11. Retrieved 2018-10-11.
- "London Detective Mysteria Opens the Door for Victorian-Era Romance on PlayStation®Vita on December 18 in North America and Europe". Gamasutra. Retrieved 8 December 2018.
- "Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal Will Appear In January 2019 In Europe". Siliconera. December 18, 2018. Retrieved December 23, 2018.
- XSEEDGames (2019-02-19). "Return to the Battle for the Future, Fate/EXTELLA LINK Launches on PC and Consoles on March 19". XSEED Games. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- Nelva, Giuseppe (2019-03-22). "Corpse Party: Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday Bash Releasing in the West in April". Twinfinite. Retrieved 2019-03-22.
- "XSEED Games Reveals August 14 Release Date for SENRAN KAGURA Peach Ball on PC". www.gamasutra.com. Retrieved 2019-07-31.
- "BurgerTime Party releasing October 8th". Nintendo Wire. 2019-09-12. Retrieved 2019-11-17.
- Romano, Sal (August 1, 2019). "Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Complete Edition launches October 17 in North America and Europe". Gematsu. Retrieved August 2, 2019.
- "Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient Chapter 1 launches October 23 in the west". Gematsu. 2019-10-10. Retrieved 2019-11-17.
- "Heroland adds PC version, launches December 3 in the west". Gematsu. 2019-11-14. Retrieved 2019-11-17.
- McWhertor, Michael (2020-02-03). "Switch mech game Daemon X Machina coming to Steam". Polygon. Retrieved 2020-02-03.
- XSEEDGames (2020-01-23). "Prepare for Adventure: XSEED Games to Launch Rune Factory 4 Special on February 25, 2020". XSEED Games. Retrieved 2020-01-28.
- "Granblue Fantasy: Versus to Launch March 3 on PlayStation 4 in North America". www.gamasutra.com. Retrieved 2020-01-31.
- "Granblue Fantasy Versus is Coming to PC via Steam on March 13, 2020". Siliconera. 2020-02-27. Retrieved 2020-03-13.
- Games, XSEED (2020-05-31). "Cultivate your perfect farm life in #STORYOFSEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town, coming July 14th, 2020! Dig up new friendships and begin your charming farm adventure this summer on #NintendoSwitch. Are you ready for Strawberry Hanako? http://www.storyofseasons.com/fomt/ pic.twitter.com/0WZj4JHjkq". @XSEEDGames. Retrieved 2020-05-31. External link in
- Gerblick, Jordan (December 11, 2019). "Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin has been delayed until 2020". GamesRadar+. Retrieved December 11, 2019.
- Gilliam, Ryan (2019-02-13). "Rune Factory 5 in the works as Rune Factory 4 heads to Switch". Polygon. Retrieved 2019-02-14.
- Games, XSEED (2020-05-21). "The sport of the future is here: jet racing! The fans are wild, the races are wilder, and the water's great! Choose your team, customize your setup, and race to victory in Kandagawa Jet Girls, coming this summer to #PlayStation4 and #PC: https://bit.ly/3e58EYl #JetGirlspic.twitter.com/LuTF1TpmKw". @XSEEDGames. Retrieved 2020-05-31. External link in