This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Wyoming's at-large congressional district|
|Area||97,100 sq mi (251,000 km2)|
- 1 History
- 2 Recent results in presidential elections
- 3 List of members representing the district
- 4 Recent elections
- 5 Living former Members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Wyoming
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 Sources
The district was first created when Wyoming achieved statehood on July 10, 1890, electing a single member. Since its creation, Wyoming has retained a single congressional district.
|Voter Registration and Party Enrollment as of December 12, 2012|
Recent results in presidential elections
|2000||President||George W. Bush 69% - Al Gore 28%|
|2004||President||George W. Bush 69% - John Kerry 29%|
|2008||President||John McCain 65% - Barack Obama 33%|
|2012||President||Mitt Romney 69% - Barack Obama 28%|
|2016||President||Donald Trump 67% - Hillary Clinton 22%|
List of members representing the district
The district was created upon Wyoming statehood in 1890.
|Democratic||Michael Allen Green||60,638||28.56|
|Natural Law||Victor Raymond||3,415||1.61|
|Libertarian||W. David Herbert||11,030||4.42|
|Libertarian||John V. Lowe||9,253||4.95|
|Libertarian||Richard P. Brubaker||8,442||3.49|
|Constitution||Daniel Clyde Cummings||4,963||2.05|
|Libertarian||Richard P. Brubaker||7,112||4.31|
|Constitution||Daniel Clyde Cummings||6,749||4.09|
|Constitution||Daniel Clyde Cummings||10,362||4.12|
|Republican||Liz Cheney (incumbent)||127,963||63.59%||+3.24%|
|Constitution||Daniel Clyde Cummings||6,070||3.01%||-0.99%|
|Margin of victory||68,060||33.82%||+2.63%|
Living former Members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Wyoming
As of February 2017[update], three former members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Wyoming's at-large congressional district are alive.
|U.S. Representative||U.S. House of Representatives Term||Date of birth (and age)|
|Richard Cheney||1979–1989||January 30, 1941|
|Barbara Cubin||1995–2009||November 30, 1946|
|Cynthia Lummis||2009-2017||September 10, 1954|
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- "Registration and Party Enrollment Statistics as of December 12, 2012" (PDF). Wyoming Secretary of State. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 4, 2013. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- Gruver, Mead; Fram, Alan (November 12, 2015). "Wyoming GOP Rep. Cynthia Lummis retiring after 4 terms". Associated Press. Business Insider. Retrieved August 17, 2016.
- "Election Results" (PDF). Wyoming Secretary of State. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present