|Bishop of St David's|
Bishop Evans in 2014
|Church||Church in Wales|
|Consecration||29 November 2008|
|Born||4 October 1946|
|Denomination||Church in Wales|
|Spouse||Diane Katherine Baker|
Born into a clerical family (his father served as Archdeacon of Cardigan) in 1946, he studied archaeology at Cardiff University and was ordained in 1972. He was a Minor Canon at St David's Cathedral then Diocesan Archivist until 1982. He was Diocesan Director of Education from then until 1992. During this period he was also a senior lecturer and chaplain at Trinity College, Carmarthen. Since then he has been successively Canon, Dean and then Bishop.
He was elected by the Electoral College of the Church in Wales on 1 September 2008. He was consecrated a bishop in a service at Llandaff Cathedral on 29 November 2008, and enthroned in St Davids Cathedral on 6 December 2008. He is credited with extensive knowledge of the history of his cathedral ('Pevsner', 'Pembrokeshire'). He is also the Patron of the Order of St David and St Non as the Lord Bishop of St David's.
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Debrett's People of Today London, 2008 Debrett's, ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- New Bishops Announced. Anglican Communion News Service. Posted 5 September 2008.
- New bishops in joint consecration. BBC. Retrieved on 18 March 2010.
- Bishop Wyn. Diocese of St David's. Retrieved on 18 March 2010.
- Order of St David and St Non Officers of the Order
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wyn Evans.|
|This article about a United Kingdom bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|