|Wonderview High School|
2436 AR 95
|School district||Wonderview School District|
|NCES District ID||0514370|
|NCES School ID||051437001170|
|Student to teacher ratio||8.54|
|Athletics conference||1A 5 North (2012–14)|
|Mascot||Danny the Daredevil|
|Team name||Wonderview Daredevils|
|USNWR ranking||Bronze Medalist|
|Newspaper||The Daily Flush|
Wonderview High School is a comprehensive public high school in unincorporated Conway County, Arkansas, United States, with a Hattieville postal address. It is one of three public high schools located in Conway County and is the sole high school administered by Wonderview School District. Established in 1934, the school serves students in grades 7 through 12.
Wonderview High, whose mascot is the Daredevils, competes athletically in the smallest division of public schools in Arkansas, Class A. The school does not have a football team, due to its small class numbers.
The school was established in 1934 by the first superintendent. The name "Wonderview" came from the marvelous view from the north side of the school. The words "wonderful view" was combined to make "Wonderview".
A gym, a few buildings, and the agricultural building were built in 1934, and the main high school building was built in 1943. In 1974, the cafeteria and an extension to the high school were built. In 1983, construction began on a new gym until 1985. In 1993, the old high school building was torn down, and a new one was built. In the 1990s, a new agricultural building was built, and the old agri building became a bus garage. In 2010, a new cafeteria and tornado shelter were also built.
In 2012, Wonderview High School was nationally recognized as a Bronze Medalist in the U.S. News & World Report Best High Schools report that evaluates more than 21,000 high schools across the nation.
The Wonderview mascot is the Daredevil with green and white serving as its school colors. The mascot was personified by Danny the Daredevil, who engaged the crowd at sporting events until 2013, when the student who personified him graduated.
The Wonderview Daredevils compete in the state's smallest classification—1A Classification administered by the Arkansas Activities Association. For 2012–14, Wonderview competes in the 1A Region 5 North Conference. The Daredevils provide teams in bowling (boys/girls), basketball (boys/girls), baseball, softball, and track and field (boys/girls).
The Daredevil boys' basketball team won the 2010 Arkansas Class A state championship. The Daredevil girls' basketball team won the 2012 and the 2018 Arkansas Class A state championships.
Wonderview boys compete athletically in basketball, bowling, baseball, and track & field. Wonderview girls compete athletically in basketball, bowling, softball, and track & field.
- Matt Zimmerman (1985)—Basketball coach
- "Search for Public Schools - Wonderview High School (051437001170)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Wonderview School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "Home". Wonderview School District. Retrieved 2021-03-03.
2436 Hwy 95, Hattieville, AR 72063
- "General Highway Map Conway County, Arkansas" (PDF). Arkansas Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2021-02-27. - See Cleveland, Hattieville, and Wonderview on the map.
- "SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP (2010 CENSUS): Conway County, AR" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2021-03-03. - Compare with the highway map
- "Best High Schools 2012". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- "School Profile, Wonderview High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved 26 October 2012.