This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Current season, competition or edition:|
2019 Women's National Football Conference season
|Sport||Women's American football|
|No. of teams||20|
|Texas Elite Spartans (1st title)|
This section needs to be updated.July 2019)(
The Women's National Football Conference was founded in 2018, with their inaugural season in 2019. On their website, the WNFC describes themselves as looking to create a standard of excellence and opportunities. Notably, the WNFC does not charge teams of players a fee for entry into the league; rather, teams are invited into the league based on quality of market, team, players and ownership.
On December 10, 2018, the WNFC announced a historic partnership with Adidas, as part of the latter's "She Breaks Barriers" initiative. As part of that partnership, Adidas serves as the WNFC's presenting sponsor, with all WNFC teams wearing custom-made Adidas uniforms.
The WNFC played their inaugural season in 2019 with fourteen regular teams and one exhibition team. Five teams came to the WNFC from the Independent Women's Football League (which folded after the 2018 season), three from the WFA, two from the USWFL and five were brand-new teams playing their inaugural season in the WNFC.
The WNFC has added seven teams so far for the 2020 season; three from the WFA, two from the USWFL and three expansion teams.
Map of teams
- New Orleans Hippies — Played in the WNFC in 2019, not invited back for 2020
- North Florida Pumas — Played in the WNFC in 2019, now a member of the Women's Tackle Football League.
- San Diego Surge — Played in the WNFC in 2019, then folded
|Year||Title||Home team||Away team||Score|
|2019||2019 IX Cup||Texas Elite Spartans||Utah Falconz||19–14|
- "ABOUT | About | Women's National Football Conference". WNFC. Retrieved July 23, 2020.
- About Us - WNFCFootball.com
- "ADIDAS KICKS OFF INITIATIVE TO BREAK DOWN BARRIERS FACED BY WOMEN AND GIRLS IN SPORT". Adidas.com. December 10, 2018. Retrieved August 13, 2019.
- "WNFC'S IX CUP CHAMPIONSHIP LIVES UP TO THE HYPE!". July 9, 2019. Retrieved August 13, 2019.