William James Margetson (29 March 1874 – 30 March 1946) was an eminent Anglican priest in the first half of the twentieth century. He was educated at Oxford University and ordained in 1897. He held incumbencies of St Petroc Minor, Little Petherick, South Wimbledon, Surbiton and Newington before being appointed Provost of St Mary's Cathedral, Edinburgh in 1925, a post he held for 13 years.
He married Marion Jenoure and was the father of the diplomat Sir John Margetson.
- Genealogical website
- Obituary Very Rev. W. J. Margetson The Times Monday, 1 April 1946; pg. 7; Issue 50415; col E
- "Who was Who" 1897–2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- Ordinations Rochester The Times Wednesday, 22 December 1897; pg. 3; Issue 35393; col C
- 1922–25 British history on-line
- ”Scottish Episcopal Clergy, 1689–2000" Bertie, D.M: Edinburgh T & T Clark ISBN 0-567-08746-8
- Crockford's Clerical Directory1940–41 Oxford, OUP,1941
Edward Lowry Henderson
| Provost of St Mary’s Cathedral, Edinburgh
Ernest Denny Logie Danson