Carrier with the Golden Knights in 2018
December 20, 1994 |
LaSalle, Quebec, Canada
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||212 lb (96 kg; 15 st 2 lb)|
|Vegas Golden Knights
|NHL Draft||57th overall, 2013
St. Louis Blues
William Carrier (born December 20, 1994) is a Canadian professional ice hockey forward for the Vegas Golden Knights of the National Hockey League (NHL). Carrier was selected by the St. Louis Blues in the 2nd round (57th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
He was born in LaSalle, Quebec, but grew up in Pierrefonds, Quebec. Carrier was selected in the fourth round, 61st overall at the 2010 QMJHL draft by the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. He was a member of the Bronze Medal winning Team Canada at 2012 IIHF World U18 Championships. Leading up to the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, Carrier was lauded as a top-30 prospect. Passed over in the first round, he was selected by the St. Louis Blues in the second round, 57th overall. On August 19, 2013, Carrier was signed to a three-year entry-level contract with the Blues.
In the 2013–14 season, on January 7, 2014, the Eagles traded Carrier along with Matthew Donnelly to the Drummondville Voltigeurs in exchange for Guillaume Gauthier, a first round pick in 2015, and a fifth round pick in 2014. Over a month later, Carrier was involved in a second trade as on February 28, 2014, the Blues traded his NHL contract, along with Chris Stewart, Jaroslav Halák, and 1st and 3rd round draft picks for the 2014 NHL Entry Draft to the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for netminder Ryan Miller and captain Steve Ott. He made his NHL debut on November 5, 2016, against the Ottawa Senators. He recorded his first NHL goal against the Pittsburgh Penguins on November 19.
Regular season and playoffs
|2009–10||Lac St-Louis Lions||QMAAA||3||0||0||0||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Cape Breton Screaming Eagles||QMJHL||61||8||4||12||54||4||0||0||0||2|
|2011–12||Cape Breton Screaming Eagles||QMJHL||66||27||43||70||65||4||3||3||6||4|
|2012–13||Cape Breton Screaming Eagles||QMJHL||34||16||26||42||41||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Cape Breton Screaming Eagles||QMJHL||39||12||29||41||42||—||—||—||—||—|
|2017–18||Vegas Golden Knights||NHL||37||1||2||3||19||10||0||0||0||8|
Awards and honours
|IIHF World U18 Championship Bronze Medal (Team Canada)||2012|||
- "William Carrier prospect profile". hockeysfuture.com. 2014-05-02. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- "Shinkaruk scores winner as Canada beats Finland for bronze at U18 worlds". Cape Breton Post. 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2015-04-13.
- "William Carrier – The Next Ones: NHL 2013 Draft Prospect Profile". TheHockeyWriters.com. 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- "Blues sign Carrier to three-year deal". St. Louis Blues. 2013-08-19. Retrieved 2013-08-19.
- "Screaming Eagles trade Carrier". Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. 2014-01-07. Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- "Sabres deal Miller, Ott to Blues for Halak, Stewart, Picks". The Sports Network. 2014-02-28. Retrieved 2014-02-28.
- LaBarber, Jourdon (November 5, 2016). "Sharpen Up: November 5, 2016". NHL.com. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- Yerdon, Joe (November 20, 2016). "Anders Nilsson lifts Sabres past Penguins". NHL.com. Retrieved April 5, 2018.
- "Vegas rolls the dice on Sabres' Carrier at expansion draft". Buffalo News. 2017-06-21. Retrieved 2017-06-21.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey winger is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|