|Born||September 21, 1969|
|Big Love, Getting On|
|Spouse(s)||Mark V. Olsen|
Will Scheffer is an American playwright and co-creator and executive producer of Big Love with longtime life-partner Mark V. Olsen. He is President and CEO of Anima Sola Productions, which he founded with Olsen in 1992 to create television and film content.
In 1997, Scheffer was honored with the Variety magazine "One of the Rising Writers to Watch" award. He has also taught and lectured at Bernard M. Baruch College, Lewis and Clark College and School of Visual Arts, Manhattan, New York City.
Scheffer is openly gay; he and Olsen have been married to each other since the early 1990s. About their collaborative process, Scheffer said: "Mark and I talk everything through but don't actually write together. We take turns on drafts, passing them back and forth for multiple revisions. Sometimes I'll write the first draft and he'll revise and sometimes he'll write the first draft. On set it's looser and we'll have to revise together but we prefer to actually write in our own space. The "fantasy" image of having desks facing each other and tossing lines back and forth doesn't work for us."
- Scheffer, Will (1999). Falling Man, and Other Monologues. New York: Dramatists Play Service. ISBN 082221668X. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Scheffer, Will (1999). Easter. New York, NY: Dramatists Play Service. ISBN 0822216671. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Will Scheffer on IMDb
- Bellafante, Ginia (13 August 2011). "A Word With: Will Scheffer; Returning to Theater To Explore the Past". The New York Times. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Scheffer, Will (12 November 2017). "Ben came thru "Ellis Island" in 1941". Twitter. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Gross, Terry (1 August 2007), "Mark Olsen and Will Scheffer, Feeling the Big Love", Fresh Air, retrieved 2 January 2014
- Lattin, Don (10 June 2007), "Gay monogamous couple are brains behind polygamy show", San Francisco Chronicle, retrieved 2 January 2014
- Kouguell, Susan (2 January 2014). "Interview with Will Scheffer: HBO's Getting On Co-Creator, Co-Executive, Producer and Writer". IndieWire. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
|This article about an American screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|