The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (August 2019)
Type of site
|Available in||British English|
Wikishire is an online gazetteer of Great Britain, Ireland and associated territories. The site describes itself thus:"Wikishire is where you are; whether you are on the Shetland islands or the South Shetland Islands or the places between, Wikishire is a growing guide on all you need to know about the British and Irish lands". To accompany the gazetteer there is an interactive map of the British Isles based on OpenStreetMap.
The site was launched in July 2010 and as of March 2020 contained over 25,000 articles.
The urbanism website CityMetric (part of the British political and cultural magazine the New Statesman) has featured Wikishire maps in a number of articles, posing questions such as "Which historic English county has the highest population?" and "Why do so many of England's cities straddle traditional county boundaries?"
- "Wikishire Map - British Counties Campaign". Retrieved 2019-09-28.
- "SABRE - Maps". Retrieved 2019-09-28.
- commons:Category:Media including data from Wikishire
- "Which historic English county has the highest population?". CityMetric. 2017-10-09.
- "Why do so many of England's cities straddle traditional county boundaries?". CityMetric. 2017-03-01.