|This WikiProject's subject is featured in the Outline of France, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, comprise Wikipedia's Outline of knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject France and anything related to its purposes and tasks.
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
|WikiProject France||(Rated Project-class)|
Threads older than 120 days may be archived by .
Napoleon, an article that you or your project may be interested in, has been nominated for an individual good article reassessment. If you are interested in the discussion, please participate by adding your comments to the reassessment page. If concerns are not addressed during the review period, the good article status may be removed from the article.
Racism in France
Concerning the part about jews during german occupation in WWII : the yellow star is not a french decision taken in the october 1940 in the ' statu des juifs ' ( jews statu )but a german decree in occupied zone from may 1942 ,( the yellow star has never existed in Vichy zone even after this territory has been annexed to german zone in november 1942) and the round-ups from summer 1942 have been done in part by french officials and police but on german request , ordered by Himmler and Heydrich ( the french made the choice to arrest first foreign jews , so 80 % of french citizen jews have survived the war which is an high rate among all occupied countries ) — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 09:17, October 31, 2017 (UTC)
Proposed split at Philippe Pétain
- I've had a quick look at Philippe Pétain, it's a long article which would benefit by splitting off articles. Regards --Devokewater (talk) 10:21, 21 August 2020 (UTC)
Jean-Michel Jarre GAR
I am doing a GAR on article about of the greatest and most essential French electronic musicians of all-time: Jean-Michel Jarre. Participate in this link here: Wikipedia:Good article reassessment/Jean-Michel Jarre/1. 13:01, 10 July 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Devokewater (talk) 10:13, 21 August 2020 (UTC)
good luck with this he's a great musician. --
- Yep. 16:32, 21 August 2020 (UTC)
AfC Draft:Cyril Pedrosa
An article I translated about the French comics artist Cyril Pedrosa was moved to draftspace, due some issue about a mass input of badly translated articles using the Content Translation tool back in 2017. I checked the translation and the sources again, but I want a second opinion. Could someone in the project verify the sources and grammar to bring the article back to mainspace? (It passes WP:NBIO, the subject having won several comics awards) I also asked WP:Comics folks for their help.
Nomination of Genopole for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Genopole until a consensus is reached, and anyone, including you, is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. --2A01:CB00:B51:3E00:81BB:52E0:71A:AA4A (talk) 12:20, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
Hello! Would someone be kind enough to provide an error–free translation from French to English of this → Les Sinté du Pays Rhénan. Essai d'une Monographie d'un Sous–groupe Tsigane. Thanks, Мастер Шторм (talk) 06:16, 28 August 2020 (UTC)
The French film is controversial and I'd like more input on the articles covering it, including Cuties, Netflix, and Criticism of Netflix. Adding French language sources would be absolutely essential.Harizotoh9 (talk) 04:16, 14 September 2020 (UTC)
- I disagree: having US sources is best when talking about a US controversy. Anyway, I've found a Libération article (), but it isn't specific enough. Première article () talk about Ted Cruz and Tulsi Gabbard who are already mentioned in the wikipedia article.
- In other words, the French sources are useful to analyse the film, but not for the controversy, since it is not that controversial in France. Regards, Comte0 (talk) 20:30, 14 September 2020 (UTC)
Is Zangro notable?
- Not really. You could argue the writer/director isn't either, as she has one film and everything about her is about the film. Harizotoh9 (talk) 04:25, 16 September 2020 (UTC)
- @Dwanyewest: I believe he is notable, for winning the César Awards for Best short film  for Maman(s). Most of the sources actually cover his works, but there are a couple of secondary sources about him: a Libération portrait  and another one from fr:Bondy Blog . Good luck, Comte0 (talk) 20:28, 16 September 2020 (UTC)
Help with French source: Casus Belli magazine
[This is a cross-post from the French Wikipedia's WikiProject Games, as I hope to get more eyes on it]
Hello, all! I am currently working on articles about the tabletop role-playing game series World of Darkness (Monde des ténèbres), and have been gathering reviews and other coverage of the series that we can use as sources. I have gotten hold of a lot of RPG magazines, but am missing three that I've learned contains WoD reviews, so I figured I'd ask if anyone here happens to have access to them. The magazine in question is the French publication Casus Belli, and the issues I am looking for are: (click links for cover images)
- Casus Belli V2 #5 (Dec 2000), which contains a review of Hunter: The Reckoning (Exterminateur : Le Jugement)
Casus Belli V2 #16 (Oct 2002), which contains a review of Guide to the Traditions (Guide des Traditions)
- Casus Belli V2 #21 (Aug 2003), which contains reviews of Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom and Victorian Age: Vampire (Vampire : l'Ere Victorienne)