|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians. New participants are welcome; please feel free to join!|
Welcome to the WikiProject for tools and edit counters. Our goal is to organize and coordinate the various efforts at creating edit counters and statistics tools. Our primary purpose is to give Wikipedians more tools at analyzing their own edits and others' edits. We primarily strive to offer alternative viewpoints of one's contributions. We are not promoting the use of statistics to judge someone's appropriateness or suitability for any positions; quite the contrary. We are just getting started. Please feel free to join and help us.
- 1 List of counters
- 2 Technical information
- 3 Members
- 4 Userbox
- 5 Announcement board
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
List of counters
Wikipedia compatible edit counter and page counters
- Your own edit count is displayed on Special:Preferences under View your global account info. This count includes deleted edits.
- The View global account info as well as Edit count may be accessed through the Contributions tab (features then found at the bottom of the page).
- Global user contributions beta displays edit counts for all Wikimedia projects your account has edited on.
- Special:CentralAuth displays edit counts for every wiki your account has edited on.
- XTools Edit Counter, a powerful and full-featured editor analysis tool.
- XTools Top Edits, view the top-edited pages by a given user, or their edits to a specific page.
- XTools Pages Created, view the pages created by a user, including deleted pages.
- XTools Auto Edits, view automated or non-automated edits by a given user.
- Pages created another tool lists pages created by a user, maintained by Sigma on Labs.
User Analysis Tool, maintained and written by Cyberpower678.Redirects to the XTools one
- Deep Wiki Inspector by Ricordisamoa, shows a wide range of information, from edit count to times edited and map. (This tool does not report accurate edit counts.)
Non-Wikipedia compatible edit counter and page counters
- Benjamin Peterson's Special:EditCount extension which has been archived.
- Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason's Special:Editcount extension (not on Wikipedia, but on Wikia).
Editing trend analysis tools
What's hot in Wikipedia – This site lists the pages in Wikipedia which are receiving the most edits per unique editor over various periods of timewikirage.com is on sabbatical
Independent edit counters, unaffected by replication lag
- http://en.wikichecker.com/ :
Wikipedia-independent site that shows user editcount, editing time trends, namespace trends, and other things with graphs/charts. Uses API. Also has tools for the entire Wikipedia and specific articles. It still works most of the time, but one needs to be patient (and hit refresh multiple times). You may get an error message, but refresh a few times and it will likely work. Kate's tool, superseded by Interiot's tool  Interiot's edit counter, external website, nothing to install, written in perl (aka Tool1, wannabe_kate) (screenshot) – Times out with large edit counts.– no longer working Stable edit counter – many projects, updated to use native API over query.php
- Flcelloguy's Tool v5.20 (screenshot), a Java version of Interiot's tool that does not require the Toolserver's database to be running. IMPORTANT: Versions prior to the current release (v5.20) will not work.
- AmiDaniel's EditCounter. "I needed an easy way to query the number of mainspace edits of users requesting permission to use VandalProof, and as the toolserver's down and Flcelloguy's tool takes too long to do this, I wrote a quick little edit counter to do what I need. With it you can set the number of edits to query (up to 5000) and the namespace to query, which makes retrieval of edit counts much faster for restricted searches (i.e. I typically query mainspace edits with a limit of 500)."
- Gargaj's PHP edit-counter, a rough port of the above perl version; PHP-source to run from your own server. Warning: uses web-scrape methods – please only use infrequently to avoid unnecessary traffic on both the Wiki and your own server.
- Voice of All's JS edit counter. Adds history page stats too.
Milestone finds the nth edit of an editor– No longer working (account expired) Checked 2010-07-22 WikiFORJA Counter(checks server count on a variety of Wikimedia wikis) – no longer working (checked 2009-09-15)
- Cfp's User Score Bot Google appspot based "counter" that assigns a score to edits, 365 for an edit today, 364 for one yesterday, etc. etc.
- Kanegasi's JS edit counter. Originally made by Najzere of strategywiki.org, this version is significantly revised and built upon. It uses the wiki API to query and count contributions and creates a table in your userspace. It is used by clicking a link under the "User contributions" link in the sidebar. It should be usable on any MediaWiki install version 1.18 or greater. You can see a full example on my Minecraft Wiki edit count.
WikiDashboard, a tool that can analyze a user's edit patterns as well as the editors of a page. (Now with live data for every page)
- Deep User Inspector by Ricordisamoa, has lots of other information on editors as well. (This tool does not report accurate edit counts.)
- http://content.paragram.org/wpuser/ is the successor of WikiChecker, though it does not allow the user to analyze a specific number of most recent edits
- /Internationalization, describing how to adapt edit counters to Wikipedia sites from other languages, especially for HTML-scraping tools
- Api.php (example) provides an Application Programming Interface to retrieve contribution histories that is preferable to scrapping Special:Contributions
- Titoxd(?!? – help us) 01:24, 12 January 2006 (UTC)
- Interiot 04:20, 12 January 2006 (UTC)
- AySz88^-^ 05:19, 12 January 2006 (UTC)
- Flcelloguy (A note?) 22:43, 13 January 2006 (UTC)
- M@thwiz2020 01:38, 14 January 2006 (UTC)
- Lightdarkness 03:49, 24 January 2006 (UTC)
- PeruvianLlama(spit) 00:25, 27 January 2006 (UTC)
- Shanel 00:30, 5 February 2006 (UTC)
- Computerjoe's talk 11:00, 13 April 2006 (UTC)
- eisenhower UTCEQ
- Voice-of-All 01:55, 15 October 2006 (UTC)
- --t c s 23:31, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
- DAFMM, April 7th 2009.
For members of this WikiProject to put on their user pages.
- Version 3.30 of Flcelloguy's Tool is released: this version can process edit summaries.
- Version 3.40 of Flcelloguy's Tool is released: all edit summary bugs are quashed. Also, Version 4.00 is under development - copy the code at the Java Sandbox to test out the new version.
- Version 4.00 of Flcelloguy's Tool is currently in the process of being rushed out the door due to the debilitation of the toolserver counters: please help out!
- Version 5.00 of Flcelloguy's Tool is out. Please upgrade immediately, as older versions will no longer work.
Version 5.10 of Flcelloguy's Tool is out. Please upgrade immediately, as older versions will no longer work.
- Version 5.20 of Flcelloguy's Tool is out. Please upgrade immediately, as older versions will no longer work.
- Wikipedia:Edit count
- Topaz's Wikiscripts, triggers any URL-based counter by right-clicking on a username